Chapter 17: You Must Master a Single Thing

"The blood of Twelve Kizuki... should have a high degree of Kibutsuji's blood. If I can extract it, the medicine that will turn Nezuko back into a human can be completed sooner!"

You then realized that you were pretty far away from Tanjiro and Inosuke. "Hold on! Tanjiro! Inosuke!" You quickly ran back to the way that Inosuke had thrown you before you sighed in the belief that you found them unharmed and well.

"So, did you defeat it?!" Inosuke shouted to you while Tanjiro came to check on you.

"Yes, I defeated it." You replied to him before you said to Tanjiro, "I'm okay."

"Are you all right, Inosuke? How are you feeling?" Tanjiro asked him with concern which Inosuke shouted back to you both.

"Don't go showering me with your sensitivity and kindness! You hear me?! Got that?! After all, anything you guys can do, I can do, too! Before you know it, my head and my kick will be harder than yours!" You noticed his bleeding arm slightly shaking some people wouldn't notice if they didn't pay attention enough. "Not to mention... Not to mention... Um..."

"He's wounded severely. I couldn't save our other friends, either."

"Don't force yourself if you're not feeling well. You're human, you have your limits." You warned him which he only huffed of annoyance. You grabbed the bandage from your haori as you gave one to Tanjiro to help treat Inosuke's wounds.

"That Mother gave off the aura of terror and suffering. Enough to make her yearn for death. What's the deal with this mountain anyway?"

"Stay still, Inosuke!" Tanjiro told Inosuke while you kept quiet, thinking in your head.

"With one of the Twelve Kizuki present... and a demon family living here."

"Cut that out! I don't need that!" Inosuke yelled as he moved his arms, trying to get away from you both. "I'm totally fine!"

"Inosuke..." Tanjiro and Inosuke went frozen in your cold voice, Inosuke turned his head slowly before his body went shaking because of your shadow-covered face. "Just stay still and be quiet."

"Um..." Inosuke could only hum as he stayed silent and waited until you finished dressing his wounds.

"But... I thought demons never herded together."

Tanjiro could only try to finish dressing the wounds but he was quite surprised at how obedient Inosuke was to you.

.

.

.

You three soon arrived at the river with the bridge of stones across it. You suddenly stopped in your tracks as you heard something in the distance, like the sound of lighting.

You turned your head as Tanjiro noticed you and asked, "What is it, (Y/N)?"

"What was that sound? It sounds like lighting."

"Did lighting just strike?" Tanjiro guessed.

"How should I know?" Inosuke brushed it off as he walked past you both.

"But I'm not smelling any thunderclouds." Tanjiro's words made you look up at the sky and agree with him. "The acrid odor in the air is stronger now, so I can't tell. What did you see, (Y/N)?"

You went silent as you focused on your aura reading, you noticed two auras of a human and an animal on top of a house and the aura of a demon disappeared. "Someone must have defeated some demon already. And the lighting is..."

"Is it Zenitsu? He did tell me before that he's using Thunder Breathing. But why is he coming here if he's that scared?"

"Inosuke!" You turned your head to see Inosuke quickly stop in his tracks as he was already one of the stones. "I think we'll go that way."

"Go ahead and do whatever you want!"

"Are you descending, Inosuke?" Inosuke turned to Tanjiro, "Are you doing down the mountain?"

"Why would I? Just beat it!" Inosuke yelled with his hand clenched.

"No, no, because you're severely wounded."

"I AM NOT WOUNDED AT ALL!"

Your face went blank while Tanjiro's face turned shocked. "N-N-No, Inosuke! Your injuries... Anyone can see that..."

You sensed some presence other than you three as you quickly turned your head and noticed a girl with similar features to the Mother earlier across the other side. Her face was slightly shocked by your presence. Tanjiro and Inosuke soon noticed her as well.

"A demon!"

"Because of the odor wafting all over this mountain, I couldn't pick it up at all!"

You turned your head as Inosuke laughed out of excitement. "I'M GONNA TEAR YOU TO SHREDS, YOU DAMN DEMON!" You watched the demon girl quickly run away from you three. "COME BACK HERE, DAMMIT!"

"Inosuke!" You both shouted as Inosuke jumped on a few rocks. The demon girl turned her head before she called out someone.

"FATHER!"

"Who are you calling 'father'?!" Inosuke noticed a shadow above, he stopped and looked up to see a monstrous demon in the air.

"INOSUKE!" Tanjiro shouted.

You went at high speed and quickly pulled Inosuke out by wrapping arms around his waist and jumped back to the rock. The Father flipped his long hair to the side, revealing his spider face, which surprised you three a lot.

"DON'T COME NEAR MY FAMILY! STAY AWAY!" You and Inosuke jumped up, dodging the Father's punch on the rock you were standing on, breaking it.

The Daughter watched them as she said to her father before disappearing behind the trees. "I'm leaving the rest to you, Father."

Inosuke looked to see the Father was about to land a punch on him in midair. Tanjiro jumped up in the air to save him.

"Water Breathing, Second Form! Water Wheel!"

He sliced on his arm but his muscle was too thick to cut through.

.

.

.

🎴𝗧𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗼 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁🎴

❄️𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛-𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚉𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚜𝚞'𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎.
❄️𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚓𝚒𝚛𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙸𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚎 𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 (𝚈/𝙽), 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.
❄️(𝚈/𝙽) 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚘.
❄️(𝚈/𝙽) 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝙵𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚕𝚎.
❄️(𝚈/𝙽) 𝚍𝚎𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍.