Chapter 8: The Smell of Enchanting Blood

"What's this?"

"What's going on?!"

"I-Is that blood?!"

The people crowded around as they all watched the demon husband bite his wife and he was about to eat her right there.

"STOP IT!" Tanjiro yelled as he pulled off his scarf, revealing his hanafuda earrings on his ears. Muzan's eyes squinted before he noticed you went past him and heading towards the demon, he caught a glimpse of your plum flower earrings on your ears as well.

Tanjiro rolled his scarf in his hand before he tackled the demon away from the woman and stuffed his scarf in his mouth.

"Dear!" The woman shouted, holding her bleeding shoulder. You kneeled beside her as you took a long cloth and wrapped it around her shoulder, putting pressure on the wound to stopping the wound.

"Calm down, ma'am. You have to stay still." You calmly told her as the others came to her side and pressed a cloth on her wound. "Don't need to worry about him, my friend's handling him."

Tanjiro gripped his wrists with his hands, stopping him from trying to do anything. "It's all right. Somehow, it's going to turn out fine. The wife's wound isn't fatal!"

"Do it harder! Do it harder! Tie it up with a rope!" Tanjiro yelled before you quickly came to his side and held the demon's wrists with one hand, helping Tanjiro.

"It's going to be all right. This man hasn't killed anyone! Just a second ago, this man was just walking down this street!"

You raised your face and noticed a little girl leaning her face to Muzan's chest, feeling scared at the scene. Muzan looked down as he asked her in fake worry. "Are you all right? You mustn't look."

He then turned to his wife who gripped his sleeve, looking terrified as well. "It's dangerous here, Rei. Let's move over there."

"He's going to escape!" You whispered loudly to Tanjiro, he turned around to see Muzan walking away from both of you, he gritted his teeth as he looked down at the demon that you two were restraining.

Your free hand was placed on his shoulder as you shook your head with frowning, telling him it wasn't a good idea to follow him and get himself killed.

"MUZAN KIBUTSUJI!" You yelled out loud, "WE'RE NOT LETTING YOU GET AWAY! NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO!"

"What's the matter with those children?" His wife, Rei asked him. "What do you think, Tsukihiko?"

Your eyes widened as you heard her say his fake name. "Wait, he's faking his name?! What a clever way to disguise yourself, Muzan!"

Muzan sighed with a slight frown as he brought his fake family away from you and Tanjiro, secretly escaping from you both.

"NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY! I'LL FOLLOW YOU TO THE ENDS OF HELL, AND I SWEAR I'LL SLICE OFF YOUR HEAD WITH MY BLADE MYSELF! YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES!"

"What the hell are you doing?" You raised to see three policemen heading toward you.

"Is it drunk?"

"Kids, step away from that man!"

"I can't!" Tanjiro yelled, replying. "Bring some restraints, please! Please!"

"Shut up and step away!" One of the policemen grabbed Tanjiro's haori, attempting to pull him away. You lightly pushed him away and frowned at him. "Get out of my way!"

"We have a serious problem here. We can't let this man go." You said as you stood in front of Tanjiro.

"Please don't do that! No one can hold this person down but us!"