Interrogation

Hello, loves!

Another chapter that is very black and white, but I am so excited for.

Warning: This chapter contains mentions of self-harm, mental illness, depictions of violence, and a minor character death.

ALSO!!!

Warning: This chapter is rated M for mature due to sexual content.

Read carefully and enjoy!

Chapter 37:

   I woke up to see the sunlight delicately streaming into Harry's bedroom. His curtains were thin fabrics that were rose coloured with small pink embroidered patterns, allowing the light to shine through them and colour the room in shades of red and pinks. It was lovely, but nothing was more lovely than the sight of Harry's sleeping figure beside me.

  He was tucked into my side in his sleep, sleeves of his shirt tugged up passed his palms, hair an unruly mess splayed out over the pillows, legs tucked underneath him as he curled in on himself, cheek pressed against my shoulder as small breaths left his slightly parted lips. I felt the overwhelming urge to kiss him, so I gave into the feeling.

  I leaned in, pressing a chaste kiss to his lips, feeling foolish in my actions. Uncertain. My cheeks felt hot as I realized what I just did. It was a display of affection that was like my own secret because Harry wouldn't know about it. He wouldn't know about the sudden spur in my chest at the feel of his soft lips on my own.

  I sighed out heavily as I looked at the ceiling. It was washed in those red and pink shades, fuchsias and violets blending together magically. I lifted my free arm to my forehead, laying my forearm there.

  What was I becoming?

  I was supposed to be emotionless and focused solely on my mission here. It was supposed to be easy to lay low and not have to worry about much until we had something solid from Liam and the tech group about the other gang. Instead, I ended up right in the middle of both sides of the issue, trying to maintain my cool under the pressure I decided to place on myself, and-- just to top it all off-- I was beginning to fall for someone who taught me that innocence and kindness weren't necessarily weaknesses. In fact, they often made a person stronger.

   I looked around Harry's, rather bare, room. I didn't plan on sleeping over last night, but it just ended up happening. In a way, I was glad that I decided to stay because I knew what most nights were like for the sweet boy who was obsessed with roses and romance. I would never forget the stir of emotion I felt as I watched him cry on his porch under the illuminating moonlight. His mind was a dangerous place. I was used to dangerous minds, but I wasn't used to ones quite like his. 

  Usually, people were just sick and twisted, willing to do whatever to hurt others and get the information they so desired. They came up with cruel plans to harm and trick others. I was a part of that group... once upon a time.

  I felt Harry stir in my hold, letting out a small yawn as his eyes fluttered open, revealing breath-taking green eyes that were still hazed over with sleep. He looked up at me and offered a sleepy smile.

  "G'morning," He mumbled out, and I felt my heartbeat stutter as he tilted his chin up and pressed a gentle kiss to the inside of my neck. He was simply lovely, and I didn't think I would ever get over just how much he affected me with every little thing he did.

  "Good morning," I replied absent-mindedly.

  "I don't want to get up to work today," He groaned out in a confession, and I smirked down at him.