Dog-sitting

Another chapter for you guys! 

I know all of you are patiently (or impatiently) waiting for Harry and Louis to get together, and I am here to reassure you all that it will happen. It just takes a bit of time. Don't worry-- maybe a few more chapters before then. 

Meanwhile, what do you guys think is Harry's story? Zander's story? The other gang's motive? Thoughts? Questions? Lol-- Enjoy!

Chapter 12:

    There was a dog in my house. And it was trying to get me to play with it.

    Harry giggled as the small dog nipped at my shoes, growling playfully and trying to get a reaction out of me. I rolled my eyes and swatted at the dog, trying to shoo it away as I tried, in vain, to focus on the random television show that was on. Truly, I was just waiting to hear something from Liam or Zayn... or even Niall.

    Seeing that he wasn't getting my attention, the small dog stood on its back legs and yipped at me. It sets its paws on my knees, and I pushed it back down to the ground. It was like an annoying child desperate for attention.

    "Ugh, Harry, can you please get the mutt away from me?" I groaned out, feeling myself slowly reaching a breaking point with the small animal. It may be defenseless, but that didn't mean it had to be so vexing as well. "I said you could take care of it here, but I didn't say I would help."

    "Wesley!" Harry called out. "Come here, boy."

     The small dog ran over to Harry, letting out small barks of glee as he went, and I sighed in brief relief.

   "Don't worry, Wesley," He cooed at the dog, "Louis seems rough on the outside, but I'm sure he has a heart of gold."

   I scoffed at that, holding in the laughter that threatened to escape. I doubt people who had hearts of gold were also labeled as murderers. It was true that ignorance was bliss. Harry seemed to live in this la la land where nothing bad ever really happened.

    Then, I remembered how Zander slapped Harry across the face with no remorse on his own. I recalled how calm Harry was as he stitched me up, not even panicking as some of our new medics would in the gang. He was completely calm and collected-- as if he's been through that before. Maybe he didn't live in some imaginary, perfect world. Maybe Harry was just a hopeful person. Either way, it made him an easy target to anyone who would want to hurt him. As soon as you learn to squash all hope, you realize that it never really existed. It's only skill and action.

    "He likes you a lot. He's normally a shy dog around new people. It took me a couple of days to get him to be his regular, care-free self around me," Harry complimented, picking up the dog and petting its head. It licked at his palms, making Harry chuckle with laughter. He rubbed his nose against the dog's-- as if it was a baby or summat.

    "That's just perfect," I drawled out in a sarcastic manner. Of course, the small, helpless animal would be drawn to me when I didn't want it anywhere near me.

     "It's a good thing," Harry stated as he set the dog back down on the floor. I groaned as it ran back over to me, getting into a pouncing position before attacking my shoelace. "I like to think that dogs can just tell when someone's a good person."

    I wanted to tell him that if that were true, then this dog's intuition was off. I was anything but a good person.

   "Is that so?" I mumbled out, pretending to care about what he was saying.

   "Definitely. It's either that, or he thinks you're the alpha," Harry giggled out, and I raised an eyebrow at him.

    "The alpha? What, like of a wolf pack or some shit?"