Rooms

Another chapter!? Yes, that's right!

I have been saying that I love writing on this story, and I really do. It's so much fun, and I have so much planned for it that I hope you guys enjoy.

This chapter is sort of an introduction to Harry's life and is an opening for darker themes. Please read carefully if needed.

Love you all so much! And enjoy!

Chapter 5:

I woke up in a bad mood. Because I knew I had to find a job. It was one of Zayn's rules, and I, unfortunately, has to abide by it. The thing was, I couldn't even lie about it. Not because I wasn't a good liar, because I was the best in the gang, but because Zayn would find out. He had other inside members on that job.

I groaned as I literally crawled out of bed. I wasn't really much of a morning person, and knowing that I had to actually get up for work soon made me wake up on the wrong side of the bed. The last thing I wanted to do was provide excellent customer service to the people in this sad, little town.

I picked myself up off of the floor after a while, and I walked to my closet, trying to find something even relatively suitable for an interview setting. I didn't know where I was going to go ask for work, but I figured I would just drive around town and hope to see 'now hiring' or 'help wanted' signs about.

I finally found a decent blood red button-up shirt, and I put it on over a pair of black skinny jeans. I didn't really have dress up shoes, so I just continued to wear my regular shoes and hope people wouldn't really care. I imagined they'd be too polite to say anything here anyway.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, fixed my hair, and then stared at myself in the mirror. It wasn't me. This dressed-up, goody-two-shoes, spineless man wasn't me. But, sadly, it was who I had to pretend to be. God, I hated this town more and more everyday.

I jogged down to the kitchen, and I made myself a cup of tea before checking to see what I could find to eat for breakfast. I decided to just heat myself up an English muffin and call it a successful breakfast.

I ate as slowly as I could, hoping to waste away enough time that I wouldn't even have to go job hunting. Unfortunately for me, the universe didn't work that way. Time went by nonetheless, but there was still so much time left in the day.

I sighed and grabbed my car keys before opening the door and stepping outside. I walked over to my car, and I stopped as soon as I heard that familiar, cheerful voice.

"Good morning, Louis! How are you today?" Harry asked, and I looked over at him to see that he was watering his rose bushes. The amount of roses he had around his house was overwhelming at times, and I always seemed to forget about them until I looked over. Someone has to tell him he had a problem, but it wouldn't be me. I didn't care.

"Fine," I quickly dismissed, but Harry was always one for extended conversations. He was almost like a clingy ex that you couldn't get away from. Not that I would really know. Dating was way off the table for me.

"That's great. You look good today. Not that you don't look good every other day, but I just-" Harry began to ramble, and I watched with my eyebrow raised as a blush began to form on his cheeks. He stopped himself and gave out a small giggle before simply saying, "Is there a special occasion today?"

I really didn't want to tell him that I was job hunting because I knew he would offer the flower shop job again. I was hoping for anything but.

"No, I just really have to do laundry," I lied, not even missing a beat in my response. It was one hundred percent believable, and I knew that. I was so confident in my ability to put a tale together. And Harry was gullible enough to believe it.