Extra 8: The Start

Welcome to the final extra chapter for Guns & Roses! Hope you enjoy!

(Playlist link for this story: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3dtUo5dDK5W1GbF4QLcsUl?si=fa6f1dc2cb184212)

----------------------------------------

The Beginnings

Louis' Dad

"It's a boy," the doctor announced to us both as she held the baby up to pass to a nurse. My wife smiled tiredly, taking deeper breaths and panting as she looked over at me.

"I want to see him."

"Let us clean him up for you. He's right here," The doctor said, watching as a nurse finished making sure he would breathe properly. The nurse wrapped him in the small blanket and passed the baby to my wife.

"Here you go, mum. Congratulations," the nurse smiled.

I watched my wife's tears spill from her eyes as she held the baby in her arms. She cooed at him sweetly, wiping her thumb delicately against his small arm.

"Oh, isn't he everything? He's so precious." She looked down at the baby and smiled. "Hi, baby. I'm your mum. I'm going to take such good care of you, my love."

"Does the dad want to hold him?" The nurse smiled kindly, and I moved to shake my head, not really one to handle such small things, but it seemed that my wife had already decided for me as she nodded and passed the baby to the nurse for careful transportation. "Here we go," she said, passing me the baby, which I clumsily took into my arms.

He was incredibly small in my arms, so lightweight and delicate, and he wasn't crying or screaming, just silently wiggling his small arms and legs. He looked so much like his mum, the nose shape and lips were from her. All she ever wanted was a baby, and now she had one.

I looked down at him, already seeing his future. He was going to be my successor, so he had to be tough like his dad. I created the environment our family lived in, and he would have to be tough to survive it. I would raise him to be strong, stronger than any member of my gang so that he could protect himself; so that nobody could ever hurt him.

"Do you have a name for him?" The nurse asked us, looking at the baby in my arms.

I hadn't thought of a name for him. When my wife told me she was pregnant, I didn't know what to think. It was such a crucial time for the gang, and raising a baby during it all would be insanity, but she insisted that she wanted to have a baby. She was defiant and stubborn and had a fire in her that even I couldn't compete with at times. When she made up her mind on something, she would see it through to the end.

That's even how our marriage went.

I was completely infatuated with her when we first met. She was an amazingly beautiful woman with a lot of wit and strength. Her family was struggling, and they thought I was the answer. I agreed to the arrangement because of how captivating she was, and I felt something that could only be called love hit me like a train. She agreed to the arrangement for her family. I knew that, but I selfishly took the opportunity to marry her.

The baby I was holding in my arms was the one thing that made her smile brighter than anything I'd ever seen. The way she gazed up at him in my arms with such fondness and love was incomparable to anything else.

"Louis. His name is Louis," She whispered out in a sweet voice riddled with exhaustion.

"That's a lovely name," the nurse complimented, walking back up to me. "May I? We have to get this little one fully cleaned and dressed."