Infiltration

Hello loves!

So, I am suuuuuper nervous to post this chapter. I tried my best here, so I really hope it meets expectations. I am just super nervous because I have never done anything like this in any of my other stories. I'm literally so nervous I wanna cry!

Warning: Mentions of abuse, death, and depression. Please read carefully, loves. ❤❤

Now, read on. (I am so scared!)

Chapter 50:

    "I need everyone to move faster! Come on! We have limited time here!" Zayn shouted out to the whole room. He had been barking orders since everyone arrived in the weapons room to gear up.

   Today was the day for infiltration. Everything was planned out perfectly, and we all had our individual orders to follow. I reminded myself again and again that as long as everyone did their part, it'll all be okay.

  Several of our trucks were loaded up with guns and ammo, some heavier artillery, and some pipe bombs if we needed them.

   I ignored the pain in my side as I rushed around, gathering everything I would need to make sure today was the end of the Red Eye gang. They fucked with the wrong people, and I wanted to make sure they suffered for it.

   "Alright. Everyone ready? Make any last minute stops before we leave. You have ten minutes," Zayn informed, looking right at me as he announced to the room. I nodded, knowing what he meant.

   I left the weapons room and headed to the tech center, looking around for Harry. He was nowhere to be seen, and my heart sank.

   "Liam," I called, watching him frantically shifting between screens to keep track of the other gang's movements. Today was too important to get wrong. "where did Harry go?"

   "Said he was tired, mate. I told him to get some rest for a minute, and I'd send someone to fetch him before anything started. Should be in his room," He informed, and I nodded.

   "I'm going to go talk to him. But, Liam... um," He paused in his actions to look up at me. Seeing how difficult this was for me, he smiled gently. "Thank you. For everything from the very start. Thank you for understanding how important Harry is to me and risking yourself for him."

   "It's no problem, Louis. I'd do it again in an instant," He said, and I gave a tight-lipped nod, both of us understanding one another, and then I was turning to walk down the hall to Harry.

   I approached the door to the room he was staying in, and I knocked on it softly. "Harry?" I called as I pushed the door open. My chest ached as I saw my love sitting on the bed, knees pulled up to his chest and tears streaming down his face. "Oh, love," I cooed as I entered the room, shutting the door behind me, and rushed to his side. I collected him in my arms, feeling how pliant he was before a choked sob burst from his lips and he was holding onto me.

   "Please don't go, Louis. Please don't leave me here," He cried, clinging to my shirt and my arm. "Take me with you."

   "It's too dangerous, love. I don't ever want to put you in harm's way again," I admitted, but the words did nothing to suppress Harry's sobs.

  "I'm so scared, Louis. What if... what if you don't come back? What if everything goes wrong? If you were to... I couldn't handle it." He gasped out for breath. "I need you, Louis. I love you," He reminded.

  I lifted his chin to look at me, and I smiled before leaning in and kissing his lips. He kissed back automatically, seeming desperate for any affection from me. I wiped his eyes are our lips moved against one another in a slow, familiar rhythm. It was gentle and pleasant. Heartfelt and honest.