Developments

I AM SO SORRY THAT THIS UPDATE IS LATE!

I've been pretty busy recently, but here you guys go! This is the beginning of a change. :)

Chapter 17:

We were in the middle of training, Harry panting some due to how tired he was becoming, but he insisted that he could still go. I was on the brink of getting tired-- Harry was actually a decent fighter, but he would still lose against anyone in the gang or any of our enemies.

He was pretty good at taking hits, a thought that made me sick to my stomach, but he was having some trouble getting out of difficult situations or positions.

Currently, I had his arm behind his back, pushing toward his shoulder blades, though I didn't dare force it too hard. My goal wasn't to hurt him, but I had to give a realistic simulation of a fight. I had his other arm in mine, and he was struggling to think of a way out of the hold.

"Calm down," I ordered, hearing how fast his breathing was. He was struggling too much, almost panicking, desperate to escape. That's when you lose all focus and become an easily killed target out on a mission. "Just breathe and think. Use your head and everything we've been over so far, Harry," I said, and he calmed down slowly, breathing in and out deeply.

"What do you do?" I pressed, wanting him to really think this through.

"I don't want to hurt you," He said, sounding upset at the thought.

"Then just tell me. I'll tell you if I can handle it."

"I could throw my head back, hitting you in the nose, and then push my body forward while you're distracted with the pain. Then I can twist out of your hold," He informed, and I was impressed with his answer.

"Why the nose?" I questioned.

"It's one of the most sensitive areas. It's also fairly easy to make it bleed or even break it. I was going to originally say to stomp on your foot, but it may not hurt as much for someone with heavier shoes."

"What if I expect the headbutt?" I questioned, trying to make him think outside of the box. Every single opponent will have different skill levels. Some will be like fucking ninjas.

"If you move back to avoid it, I can still move forward."

"If I catch you by your other shoulder?"

"Your private parts will still always be rather sensitive," He voiced without missing a beat, and I found myself grinning, feeling some pride at how quick he came up with each answer. Quick, on-the-spot thinking was the best way to get out of any compromising situations.

"Do your first scenario," I ordered, and Harry glanced back at me as best he could.

"I said I didn't want to hurt you, Louis. I can't-" He began to worry, and I cut him off.

"I can take it."

He still seemed unsure, so I nodded firmly, letting him know that I could take it. I've taken a whole lot worse before.

He took a deep breath as he turned his head forward again, and it took him a moment before he tried to push his head back. I grabbed onto his hair with my hand, keeping my other arm laced between his, holding them in place behind his back and stopping his blow to my face simultaneously. He winced slightly, and a small intake of breath escaped his lips.

"Never hesitate," I stated, "It gives your opponent an opportunity to know what you're thinking and counter. One small hesitation could mean the difference between winning a fight and losing a fight."

Harry let out a small, frustrated huff of breath, and I released him from my grip. He stumbled for a second before catching himself upright, shaking out his arms and rubbing at his head. He looked back over to me, small puffs of breath leaving his lips as he tried to cover up how exhausted he was after a couple of hours of training.