The Storm

Hello all!

This is it. This chapter and the next one are the start of complete chaos. Get ready for a winding rollercoaster ride.

Warning: This chapter has violence, mentions of death, murder, a mention of suicide, and lots of tension. Please read carefully!

Also, this chapter may have another cliffhanger ending to get you ready for the next one. I hope to update it soon and then work on other stories for a minute.

I am very nervous about this one because it could make or break this whole story for you all reading. I am happy with it, so I hope you are as well! Now... read on!

Chapter 39:

The text was from Marco. I was lucky that it wasn't an urgent message. He wanted to meet with me tonight to discuss my future meeting with Lorenzo. Lucca wanted him to walk me through the proper behavior around the man. I honestly couldn't give two shits, but I would still go to maintain my cover.

Since the meeting wasn't until that night, I had time to figure out what to do about Harry. We both fell asleep on the living room sofa, and I covered him with a blanket when I first woke up. It was early-- only three in the morning-- but I was more stressed than ever before.

I was sitting at the dining table, keeping Harry within my line of sight as I drank from a hot cup of tea to try and calm my nerves. I would give anything for a glass of tequila or anything strong. But I had to think clearly. Alcohol wouldn't help to reassure that.

I had my journal out in front of me again, finding it completely ridiculous that I once suspected Harry of being a member of the other gang. It felt like a lifetime ago that he managed to barely capture my attention and crash into my life.

I shook my head and turned to a new page, turning on the small dining room light. I grabbed a pen and began to write out my thoughts.

1. Find a way to keep Harry safe.

I thought about the tracker that I was still holding on to. I could place it on Harry's phone today, but something about doing so felt wrong. It was like an invasion of Harry's privacy. He didn't like lying, so how would he feel about constantly being watched and monitored by someone he didn't know?

Maybe I could handle this. Maybe I could protect him until I had to leave.

2. What to tell Harry when I leave? Do I send him to the safe house?

If I left him alone, it could still put him at risk. Zander was a part of the gang, after all, and I made a pretty solid enemy out of him. He knew I cared for Harry, so leaving him could still make him a target. Sending him to the safe house or having Liam relocate him would be a better bet.

I made a mental note to call Liam before Harry awoke to tell him of my plan.

3. What comes next after meeting Lorenzo? Is he honestly Plague?

He had to be. If he wasn't then this whole thing was just one major coincidence, and I didn't much believe in coincidences.

Lorenzo was the leader. He was the one we had to take out in order to begin to pick off the rest of the gang little by little. There were three main people we had to cut off-- Lorenzo, Lucca, and Ramona. Marco was a minor threat compared to them. They seemed to have all of the power.

Did that mean that we move the gang in immediately after my meeting with Lorenzo, or do I drag it out further? It would be smart to find out where at least one of their warehouses or bases was besides the bar. It was far too public to go in and ambush. That was smart on their part.

Guns & Roses (Larry Stylinson)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara