Bittersweet Revenge

Been a minute. How are you all?

I won't lie, this chapter is pretty dark and gets heavy at one point.

(I also want to point out that none of the boys' actual parents are in this story. All of their parents have made up names and are made up characters in my mind.)

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains extreme violence, mentions/thoughts of suicide, death, and deep shades of grief. Please read carefully and message me if you need anything.

Honestly, if you need a breather, take one. Please. Take care of yourselves and put your own health first.

I love you all and thank you for being so supportive. There is only one chapter left after this and then an epilogue/extra scenes. Stay tuned for those. ❤❤

Chapter 54:

"I feel that we are very alike, Louis," Plague began, and I shook my head with a side smile.

"I'm nothing like you. You're an insolent man with a knack for cowardice actions. I could never be like you," I described.

"But we were both brought into this world at such young ages. I was seventeen myself. How old were you?" He wondered, meeting my eyes. I was unflinching, a smile full of sorrow on my lips.

"I was about four when my training started. Twelve on my first mission."

Plague's expression was genuine shock at the revelation. "Well, I suppose it makes sense if you were to be the leader. My father was to follow my grandfather, not me. When my father passed as well, I took over."

"Okay," I was getting a bit irritated now. "Why does any of this matter? I didn't sit so we could discuss our upbringings. You know something about my mother, so tell me."

"So impatient," He chuckled, and I aimed the gun at him once more.

"Fucking talk."

"Alright," He sighed out. "My father is very important to this little detail, however, so I had to bring him up, of course. Bare with me. The story is a little lengthy."

"Then make it short," I ordered, and Plague's glare met mine for a moment. Then, he was reminded of who had all of the power here. "Go on," I smirked.

He gave out a displeased grunt before speaking anyway.

"You are aware that your father killed my grandfather. We were thriving in the weapons business, selling left and right. We had marvelous suppliers going in, and that gave us an edge, even over your own gang. The Rogues, they were thought of kings among gangs. The name was synonymous with power near the likes of royalty. I remember, when I was young, hearing my grandfather talk about your gang. He had such respect and admiration. It's why he was thrilled when he received the news that the leader of The Rogues, your father, wanted to meet to talk about working together."

"But he walked in on a trap," I reminded him. "You told me all of this before. My father would never allow some other gang to take away even a minuscule amount of power. He obviously saw your grandfather as a threat that had to be taken out."

"Yes. That's exactly what I think as well," Plague agreed. "Your father ambushed my grandfather. He killed him without any mercy when all my grandfather wanted to do was work together. Your father started all of this."

I wasn't even surprised.

The main reason I despised my father may have been for the abuse and lack of emotions or affections he displayed to me and my mum, but it was also because I witnessed his personality first hand. He was a selfish man. He was mean and treated others terribly. The only people he trusted were the higher ups-- Isaac, Zayn's father, Niall's dad, and a few others who passed under his rule. Though Isaac was the only one he told everything to. They were brought up in the gang together, so it only made sense.