A Slice

Update!!!

I am a bit nervous to post this chapter because it is the start of a major turning point in Louis and Harry's relationship. It is a very delicate change, but it matters so much, and I hope I portrayed it well.

Also, Trigger Warning: Mentions of depression and suicide. Please read carefully, love, and know that I am always here to talk.

One more thing I want to check in on: What do you think is going to happen in this story? What do you think Louis will discover? What do you think about Zander? About Harry? About Joan, even? I love reading your thoughts and opinions!

Now, enjoy and read carefully, loves. You are all so cared for. 💕

Chapter 20:

     "Good job, Louis. This is a great lead," Zayn praised after I finished telling them the information I received from Harry. "We're going to need you to find a way to get into that bar. To do that, you need to get closer to Zander."

    "Shouldn't be too hard. The bastard already thinks I'm aching to be with him or some shit," I said, remembering how he tried to come onto me the last time I had to visit him. It was far too easy.

     "That won't be the difficult part, Louis," Liam finally voiced. "If these friends of his are actually part of the other gang, or if they are actual drug lords, then you have to be extra careful. You can't give them any reason to suspect that you're anything other than an outsider; just a typical bystander who knows nothing about their lifestyle. You have to have a plan, Louis, in case things go wrong. Zayn and I will find you another location-- a safehouse of sorts, just in case you need to escape. We can't risk losing you, Louis."

    "I bet Kellen and Rodriguez would have appreciated something like that," I muttered out.

    "Louis, not now," Zayn sighed out, probably tired of my constant objections to this whole plan in the first place. I felt like we should have all stayed together, maybe sent out a spy or two to track down the other gang, but we never should have split up across the country. It made us all the more vulnerable.

    "Just a thought, Malik," I responded, trying to keep my voice levelled and free of any irritation I was feeling.

    "Regardless of what you think, we just need you to stay focused, Louis. If this is a real lead, it could be just what we need to get the upper hand here. If they don't know that we're learning about them and what they do, then it gives us just enough leverage to actually win this. We cannot keep bickering with each other," Zayn demanded, and I knew he was right. I had to forget about everything else and stay focused on this mission in particular. I had to keep my senses sharp and have a keen eye. It had to be smart about this.

    "I can do this, Zayn. There's nothing to worry about," I vowed, knuckles turning white as I made a fist, squeezing my hand as tight as it could go in how badly I wanted to find this other gang that was threatening us.

    "I know you can," He reminded, and I heard him sigh. "Be careful, Louis. Liam and I will contact you soon with the safehouse location. Don't do anything until you receive that information. Don't even tell anyone else about this, not even Niall. If I can prevent us from losing anymore guys, then I will do whatever it takes."

    I was about to respond when I heard someone else's voice in the background of the phone call. It was a familiar voice, definitely a member of the gang, but it was too faint to make out. Then, Liam was speaking again.

   "The drug report just came back, Louis," He informed, and I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for Liam to read over it. I needed to know whether or not the drugs matched to the ones found in Harry's dad's system. It wasn't every day you see cocaine that pure.