Chapter 6: Tease

We drove along, playing my playlist on shuffle as I, taking a break from Pokémon, silently sketched Paul without his knowledge. Graeme and Clive where in their own universe, talking to each other while Paul and I conversed ourselves.

"So, Paul, what about you? Have you got a sweetheart back on your planet anxiously waiting your return?" I asked, looking up at him from over my sketchbook.

"Nah, not me. I did have something going for me 100 years ago but that was then," Paul shrugged.

"How long does your species live for?!"

"Eh, it depends," Paul started, picking up a pistachio. "Some of us live up to 100 years, some of us can live to over a thousand. I'm 267 this year. Came to earth when I was 207, god that seems like a long time ago now," He reminisced, his eyes glazed over in thought. I leaned forward and grabbed his hand, smiling at him as he focused back in.

"Well, 60 years is a long time. I haven't even been alive for that long, I'm only 24, that's like a third of your time on earth."

"Yeah I suppose you're right- hold on. I love this song!" Paul exclaimed, looking up at the speaker above us. 'Don't bring me down' by Electric Light Orchestra was playing and he started singing along, dancing in his seat. I laughed and started singing along with him, dancing in my seat as well.

"You have good taste, girl," Paul grinned, still boogying.

"Thanks, love," I laughed, closing my eyes and moving to the beat of the music, a small blush on my face.

"Hey you two, you should set the clocks one hour ahead, we're entering mountain time!" Graeme exclaimed, pointing at the approaching sign.

"Oh! Guys pull over I wanna show you something!" Paul exclaimed, jumping up from his seat and running up to the front. I raised an eyebrow and followed him, jumping out of the now unmoving RV. He ran over to the sign and started jumping from one side to the other, repeating '11 o'clock, 12 o'clock,' over and over again.

"Come on guys! 11 o'clock, 12 o'clock, 11 o'clock, 12 o'clock! Come on it's fun!" He exclaimed, motioning for us to come over. I ran over and started doing it with him, laughing to myself.

"If you think about it, it's time travel!" I exclaimed, smiling at Paul.

"I was just about to say that!"

The boys rolled their eyes and joined us in jumping from one side to the other. Paul laughed and continued until we finally got bored and got back in the RV, this time with me in the drivers seat. Paul was sat next to me, humming along to the music that was playing while I drove, Clive and Graeme taking a well-deserved snooze.

"Hey Paul?"

"Yeah?"

"You've been on this planet for 60 years, right? Have you ever, you know, dated a human?" I asked, keeping my eyes focused on the road so that I didn't have to look at Paul directly.

"Well, no I haven't. The entire time I've been here I've been stuck in a glorified prison, with hardly any interaction other than trained professionals. I haven't really had the chance to hook up with a human. Hell, I needed to make myself a hiding place under all the blankets they provided for me just to jack off in peace," He explained, leaning back in the chair. From my peripherals I could tell that he was checking me out, looking me up and down with a slight blush on his face.

"Have you ever wanted to?"

"Oh fuck yeah, sure you guys might be proportionately fucked up but, out of the entire species, there's a few of you I would 100% bone."