Chapter 15: Final Goodbyes

I exclaimed in annoyance and turned around to see Ruth's dad standing near us, holding a bible in his hand that had a bullet indented in its cover.

"Papa?" Ruth exclaimed, confused.

"Cliché of a lifetime!" I exclaimed, rolling my eyes.

He pulled out his shotgun and aimed it at Paul, narrowing his eyes. I pushed Paul out of the way and Clive pushed me out of the way, not noticing Graeme had stepped in front of us to save us. Ruth's dad pulled the trigger and I turned around, my eyes brimming with tears as I realized that Graeme had been shot.

"That was close," He smiled before looking down at his chest, blood oozing out of the hole that had been blown into it.

"Oh my," He sighed, falling backwards. Ruth screamed and I felt my heart jump into my throat, tears filling my eyes as I ran over and kneeled next to Graeme, fumbling to pick up his hand in mine.

"Oh god, Graeme! Graeme!" Clive exclaimed, rushing over to my side.

"I never meant to-"

"Put the gun down, Mr. Buggs."

"Drop the fucking gun dad!" Ruth yelled; her eyes filled with tears as she glared at her father.

"Oh no! I really liked this t-shirt!" Graeme exclaimed, crying. I shook my head at him and held his hand, looking over to see Paul walking over to sit beside me.

"This is all my fault; we should never have come on holiday!" Clive exclaimed, staring down at his friend as he tried not to cry.

"No, no, no. It's fine, it's fine Clive, we've had a good time, haven't we?"

"Yeah, but you got shot and now you have a hole the size of a bowling ball in your fucking chest," I sobbed, my hands shaking.

Graeme groaned and looked up at all of us, smiling in pain. "Yeah, I know, but I can honestly say guys, this is the most fun I have ever had," He smiled, panting slightly before his head fell back and he stopped breathing. I gasped as his hand fell limp in mine and I struggled to keep it held to my chest, finally starting to cry uncontrollably. I leaned into Paul as the tears fell down my cheeks, and he looked over at me, shuffling forward and clapping his hands together. He looked up at all of us with slightly fear in his eyes, nodding.

"I've gotta try, right?"

"Paul, wait-"

"I have to try."

I moved back and nodded, holding Graeme's hand in my lap as I watched Paul move forward and place his hands-on Graeme's chest. He closed his eyes and started concentrating, the veins in his head and neck popping as he strained to heal Graeme. He strained as we watched the wound slowly heal, yelling out in pain as a similar wound appeared on his own chest. His body started shaking and I stared in horror, still shaking as I saw the one I loved being killed slowly to save someone that saved me. A moment went by and Paul was thrown backwards, unmoving. I shook and looked between Graeme and Paul, one who was alive and one who was dead. I broke down and crawled over to Paul, holding his hand, and staring into his lifeless eyes.

"No! Please! Don't leave me!" I screamed, pulling him into my lap. "I can't lose anyone tonight!"

Zoil walked over and placed a hand on my shoulder as I sobbed, hugging Paul's lifeless body.

"Hey love? I appreciate you care, but I can't breathe."

I exclaimed and let go of Paul to see him looking up at me, unharmed, with small tears in his eyes.

"Well, that sucked. I didn't even get to eat him," He laughed softly, looking up at me and smiling. "Why would I ever leave you?"

"You fucking scared me, you asshole!" I exclaimed, pushing him away slightly. He laughed and held his arm, looking over at Graeme who had sat up.