Chapter 7: Attached

"Ok, here we are. This is the place," Graeme muttered as we drove through the gates.

"Yeah, this looks good," Paul grimaced, looking up at the sign. "It doesn't look like anyone's been murdered here."

We drove in and Clive put the RV into park, leaning on the steering wheel as we waited for something to happen.

"It's awfully quiet."

"Quiet's good, Graeme. Quiets our friend," Clive sighed.

Paul looked at both of them and pulled me into the bedroom area, sitting me down and placing his hands on his hips.

"Look, darling, as much as I love the flirting and shit you need to stop blue-balling me!"

"Well it's not like you've been helping me either," I smirked, looking him up and down. He bit his lip and groaned, trying to stay stern as much as I knew I was turning him on.

"I don't want you to get any attachments, that's all."

"Well," I leaned forward slightly to the point where I could feel his breath on my lips. "It's a little too late for that."

Graeme got up and went to open the door, cutting of our conversation before he screamed and shut it again. "There's a girl outside!"

Paul instantly inhaled and disappeared and I giggled, laying back on the bed. I could hear him shuffle around for a second before I felt a pair of invisible lips kiss me on the forehead. I blushed and got up, walking over to Graeme.

"Look, Willy, we're just a couple of friends doing a road trip around the less touristy side of the Midwest," I explained, looking down at Graeme as Clive got up to accompany him.

"I don't think she heard you."

I'm talking- ugh I was talking to you, you idiot."

"Oh, sorry," Graeme turned around to open the door and greet the girl outside. She was relatively pretty with glasses that had one side blacked out. I shrugged and walked away, leaving the boys to deal with it, and laid back down on the bed.

"Hey, Paul?" I whispered, looking over to the other bed where I figured he was sitting. "If you really want me to stop, just say so."

The boys came back in and sat down, chattering amongst themselves. 'Paul's gonna do something, isn't he?' I thought, looking over and waiting for it. He let out his breath and yelled "Boo," scaring the shit out of Graeme and Clive. I got up and started laughing, walking over.

"That wasn't even 30 seconds and he managed to scare the shit out of you," I laughed wrapping my arms around him and resting my chin on his head. Paul reached up and rested his hand on my arm, rubbing it with his thumb affectionately. My heart skipped a beat and I moved to get the sausages from the fridge as Clive parked, getting them out and placing them on the grill before they could even set up the little bungalow the RV had.

"Clive, you get sausage duty. I'll grab the drinks," I called out, walking back into the RV to fetch the 6 pack in the fridge. Paul walked up to me awkwardly and leaned against the counter, looking up at me.

"Hey, so, um-"

"You want a drink?" I offered, holding out a bottle to him.

"Nah, I'll have one later. Look, I don't want you getting attached to me because you're a human, you have a life and I don't want to ruin it by running out on you just as things start to go nicely. You have dreams and I don't want to invade on them, as cliché as that sounds."

I sighed and set the drinks back down, turning to look at him. "Look, Paul. I'm used to people running out on me. I just want to make this trip, and your last days on this planet, to be enjoyable. If I could, I would genuinely love to be with you. I'd love to see your planet in person, to learn about your species and let your species learn about me. It's a dream I've had for years, to be abducted by aliens only for them to treat me better than any human did. But I can admit that's just unrealistic, but I won't let that reality sour our interactions while you're here. If you don't want to go forward with anything, it's fine. If you do, just be honest ok?"