19

—MAY 2Time: ten twenty am—

MAY 2
Time: ten twenty am

Jaya sat on the wooden bench drinking a mango and pineapple smoothie with some strawberries in it. A hand ran over her stomach and sighed delightful as she stared down at it.

"Hon what are you sitting out here by yourself for" Lily Mae said as she came outside of the diner, looking at Jaya confused.

"Oh I was just enjoying the fresh air" Jaya smiled before standing up and following Lily into the diner.

"You best be careful it's still allergy season and I can't stand people with allergies" Lily said saying her head as they both walked to a booth before sitting down.

"Why?"

"I'm on of those people where if I'm near someone who is sick, I would get sick soon enough afterwards." Lily grumbled and Jaya continued to sip her smoothie as she smiled.

"I'm like that when people throw up. I can't smell or even look at the throw up because then I will throw up." Jaya frowned her face up and Lily smiled at that.

"How have you been dear. I haven't been able to talk to you much because I been working, trying to keep this diner up"

Jaya nodded her head. "Yeah of course I understand plus Roman and everyone been taking me out like crazy, trying to get to know me." Jaya smiled as she shrugged her shoulders.

"How has that been going? They can sometimes be a little bit much so I hope they didn't overwhelm you"

"Oh no they are great. I was a bit shy at first but now I'm pretty much comfortable with them. They are cool though very funny and crazy sometimes" Jaya smiled shaking her head.

"Yeah they are something else for sure" Lily Mae smiled before she sighed leaning back in the booth.

"Lily! We need your help" Someone said from the back of the counter of the diner. Lily sighed once more but this more out of frustration.

"I always have to save everyone's rump around here" Lily said as her accent thickened before she excused herself hurrying to go help the others. Jaya finished the last of her smoothie before grabbing her phone to check it quickly.

She had no new messages from Josiah which made her sigh and leaned back against the booth in defeat.

The diner bell dinged but Jaya did not look up to see who it was. A few seconds later, a body sat across from Jaya in the booth making her raise her head to see Elias in front of her with a bag of candy in his grasps.