2

-
MARCH 22
Time: 8:34am
-

The heat of the sun peeking through the curtains made Jaya groan some. Her eyes clutched tightly and she opened her mouth with a small yawn escaping her soft pink lips.

It's morning already Jaya thought as she opened her eyes looking around the room. It took a few seconds for Jaya's mind to register where she was and what was happening.

Sitting up, Jaya rubbed her arm nervously as she tried to figure out what she was going to do. Her mind was pushing the idea of going back home to the back of her mind.

She knew that if she goes back and tells her family that she is pregnant then her mother would make her have an abortion or give the baby up for adoption.

Jaya walked toward one of the brown doors opening it to see a nicely sized grey and white bathroom. Jaya bit her lip and walked to the shower turning the knob but nothing came out.

"Ugh" Jaya mumbled and sighed turning around to leave the body but stopping when the reflection of her in the bathroom caught her eye.

Jaya turned her body toward the mirror and her eyes glazed over her body taking in all her features. Her blonde, yet brown at the roots, hair was messy and desperately needed a good wash.

Jaya's fingers ran over her shirt before she pulled the fabric up some exposing her stomach.

The girl stared at her stomach like she couldn't believe it. She is over three months pregnant almost four and she could see the small baby bump forming itself on her body. She smiled and bit her lip rubbing her hand over her stomach softly.

"Well little baby, mommy needs to find a running shower so we can get clean" Jaya said talking to her baby as she rubbed her stomach. She walked out of the bathroom and was hesitant on if she should leave her things here.

"Let's hope that people don't steal the pregnant woman's clothes" Jaya mumbled to herself before grabbing her purse and phone. She slipped on some flip flops and walked out of the room closing the door behind her.

"Let's go find some running water" Jaya said holding her stomach softly as she walked down the stairs and exited the inn.

~~~

Jaya walked around the small town confused on where she was. She decided not to use her car because she was low on gas. People walked pass her staring at her confused.

Jaya sighed and looked around to see a small diner. The low grumble came from Jaya's stomach making Jaya bit her lip and walk toward the diner. When opening the door, a small bell sounded making Jaya look up at it before looking back around.

Hardly anyone was there except for a older man who was drinking some coffee while reading a newspaper and then a woman and her three kids sitting in a booth eating pancakes. Everyone managed to look up at Jaya as if they were frozen at the sight of her.

"Oh" Jaya mumbled to herself before walking further into the diner.

"Welcome to Betty's Diner you new in town?" A short middle aged lady said walking from behind the counter wearing a yellow and white short-sleeved shirt and light blue jeans.

"Yes ma'am" she said and the lady pointed to a booth a few feet away from the older man.

"Well my name is Lily Mae, welcome to our little town and nice to meet you honey." The lady said with a nice southern accent as Jaya sat down smiling. The booth was very comfortable making Jaya sigh softly.

"I'm Jaya" Jaya mumbled softly as Lily smiled down at her.

"What would you like to eat?" Lily asked her and Jaya frowned grabbing her purse.

"I'm sorry, I don't have much money left. Can I just get an apple juice?" Jaya asked her and Lily shook her head.

Lily patted Jaya's hand seeing her a small smile. "You are new in town girl so it's on the house. We don't get too many visitors around these parks"

"Thank you so much but you don't have to" Jaya started but Lily Mae shook her head once more and shushed her.

"I like that but I want to hun. Now we don't have many things. We have pancakes with some eggs and bacon or sausage. You can also get some French toast with some oatmeal or you have the choice of having some eggs and meat with it." Lily said handing Jaya a small piece of paper with the list of what they have on it. Jaya's eyes scanned the paper and bit her lip thinking.

"Can I have the pancakes with the eggs and sausage" Jaya asked and Lily nodded smiling.

"Anything to drink hun" She asked her as her accent peeked and Jaya nodded before ordering a apple juice.

"I'll be right back" Lily said and took the menu before heading behind the counter. Jaya sighed and leaned back against the booth as her eyes scanned the diner.

The mother and her kids already went back to eating and the old man was drinking the last of his coffee.

Jaya looked down at the table in front of her and her mind wandered to her baby. She thought of names she could give her baby.

Marie?

Ashton?

Ashley?

Rae?

"Here you go" Lily said scaring Jaya out of her thoughts causing her to jump slightly. Lily set down Jaya's food and apple juice sending her a smile.

"I am sorry for scaring you. I was just letting you know that your food was ready" Lily added and Jaya smiled nodding mumbling out a small thank you.

"It smells so good" Jaya thought out loud as she picked up her fork cutting her pancakes.

"You enjoy hun" Lily Mae said before walking away toward the mother and her kids who were finishing their food.

Jaya quickly ate down her meal as she sipped on her apple juice. She hasn't ate for two days and was starving.

"Are you having a baby?" Jaya heard making her look up surprised. A brown-haired little boy was standing in front of her booth staring at Jaya.

"Yes I am" Jaya said softly as she drunk the last of her apple juice.

"My mommy said that there is a baby in your stomach that's why you have a little belly" The boy said pointing to her belly. Jaya smiled and rubbed her baby bump softly.

"Your mommy is very smart" Jaya said and the little boy smiled nodding his head. Jaya took notice

"What's your name"

"I'm Tyler" He replied excitedly as he played with his fingers smiling up at Jaya.

"Well my name is Jaya" She replied and Tyler frowned before trying to pronoun her name.

"Tyler let's go" the mother said and Tyler waved at Jaya before running back to her mother who sent Jaya a soft smile.

"All finished hun?" Lily Mae said coming up to Jaya's table. Jaya looked down at her food and nodded smiling.

"Yes ma'am" she said softly and Lily nodded taking her plate and drink.

"Refill?" Lily asked her and Jaya nodded adding a small please. Lily nodded and left the table quickly.

Jaya sighed and leaned her head against the back of the booth as she slowly closed her eyes.