29

MAY 6
Ten eleven am

Jaya woke up to the sun shining brightly on her face. She groaned and yawned before her hands reached up to rub her still tired eyes.

Jaya tried to move only to stop by a hard arm that was secured tightly around her body. She looked to see Alan sleeping beside her with his head slightly buried in her neck.

But he was shirtless against her.

Her eyes widened immediately and she opened her mouth to say something only to not find the words to say.

"Alan" she mumbled as her arm shook his body only for him to remain still and asleep.

"Alan" she called at him again but only louder. Her hands tapped his naked back.

He remained asleep only letting out a soft snore.

"I need to pee you big oof" Jaya pouted as she tried to wiggle herself from under him.

"Stop moving..you making this morning wood worse" Alan said suddenly making Jaya jump in fright. She looked at him to see his eyes flickering open.

Her cheeks blushed crimson red at his words.

He shifted away from her and rolled onto his back before putting his arm over his eyes.

Jaya bit her lip as she took in the scene in front of her. Alan was laying on his back breathing softly as he went back to sleep. The sheets on his bed were pulled back to only rest on the lower half of his body while his upper body was exposed. Jaya's mouth watered at the sight of his six pack

"Take a picture it will last longer" Alan said without even opening his eyes to look at Jaya.

Jaya blushed in embarrassment of being caught. "How did you even know I was staring at you" She asked him making Alan smirk.

"I didn't but now I do" she glared at him and huffed before getting out of the bed. "You are irritatingly annoying" She said before leaving out the room to go to the bathroom.

"All for you love" he shouted out for her making Jaya laugh as she closed the bathroom door. Her eyes were fixed on the mirror in front of her noticing how crazy her hair was looking right now.

She yawned and quickly used the bathroom before washing her hands. Her hands ran through her hair and she pulled it into a crazy messy bun. Rubbing her pregnant belly, Jaya walked out of the bathroom and back into the room where Alan was sitting up on the bed, on his phone.

"I'll come in tomorrow Darius" Alan said as his eyes casted a glance toward Jaya who sat down on the bed.

"Uh huh...what? No" Alan said as he stood up from the bed and walked to the window with a frown on his face.

Jaya's phone rang making her grab it off the nightstand. She looked to see it was Laila calling her. "Hey Laila what's up" she said as she answered the phone call.

"Miss girl you want to tell me why I came to Mama Lily's house to find out you aren't there. And that also you never came home" Laila said making Jaya smile and blush.

"Uh I'm at a friend's house" Jaya said and looked over to see Alan was finished with his call.

"A friend's house? Jaya no offense but you have no friends in this town besides us so what friend" Laila said making Jaya laugh and shake her head.

"All in my business for what though" Laila gasped dramatically at Jaya's words and pretended to be hurt as she fake cried.

Laila let out a sniffle. "That's really mean Jaya I thought we were friends" she mumbled as a small pout formed on her face.

Jaya laughed and shook her head. She felt arms snake around her and she looked to see Alan was laying down next to her. Jaya was leaned against the headboard and Alan laid his head against her pregnant belly with his arms wrapped around her lower half.

"We are Laila we are" Jaya smiled as she watched Alan.

"Laila come on baby we have to go" Jaya heard Renae say making Jaya gasp dramatically.

"Is that Renae and did she just called you baby" Jaya asked as her eyebrows rose.

"What no? That's her but she's on the phone talking to someone" Laila quickly said as her voice went up an octave.

"Mhm what ever you say Laila."

"Yeah yeah mhm got to go Jaya" Laila said quickly and hanged up the phone making Jaya laugh shaking her head.

"I think your cousin and Renae are getting it on" Jaya said looking down at a half sleep Alan whose eyes widened slightly.

"Should've seen that coming. Laila has had a crush on Renae for the longest" Alan mumbled and yawned.

"Really?" Alan nodded his head and Jaya mumbled a quick 'wow'.

"Where's your next doctor's appointment?" Alan asked her making her look at her calendar on her phone.

"Uh June first. I get to see the genders too" Jaya smiled big as she bounced slightly in excitement.

"What are you hoping for?"

"I want a boy and a girl honestly" Jaya say as she rubbed her belly softly with her finger tips. "They would be polar opposites most likely and always be fighting each other. But when the other needs them, they would definitely be there for each other." She said and smiled softly to herself.

"The boy would protect the girl with everything in him and the girl would protect him." Alan said making Jaya grin more. She nodded her head and sighed as she looked off to the distance.

"We need some sort of protection living in this world" Jaya mumbled to herself as she sighed once more.