32

—MAY 6Two fifteen—

MAY 6
Two fifteen

Jaya was showered and dressed in a dirt orange polka dots dress. She pulled her hair in a nice ballerina bun. She sat on the couch of the living room with Josiah and Alan around her.

"What's up family" Laila yelled as she bursted in the house with a big smile on her face.

"Hey little children" Laila said doing a fist bump against Jaya's stomach who glared at her in return.

"You going to stop calling my children the Devil and demons" She said making Laila send her an innocent smile.

"All children are little demons" She said and sat on Josiah's lap making him glare at her.

"Bitch you get the fuck off of me before I yank all this beautiful hair of yours out your precious scalp." He threatened her making Laila gasp dramatically.

"Wow so you going to do me like that Josiah really" Laila spoke dramatically as she put her hand on her chest, baffled.

"Yes I am now get the fuck off of me" Josiah said and then pushed her off his lap making her fall on the carpeted floor.

"That's fucked up" Laila said and stood up with a huff. Josiah blew her a kiss before going back on his phone.

"So y'all mean to tell me that y'all fought Matthew and didn't even bother to fucking record it!" Elias yelled as she entered the house, heading straight for the living room.

"Oh I'm sorry Elias I'll just record next time for your convenience" Jaya sassed as she leaned against Alan's chest with her hand on her phone.

"Thank you that's all I fucking ask" Elias said throwing his arms up in the dramatically before walking to the kitchen.

"Where's the twins" Alan asked Laila who shrugged her shoulders.

"Renae told me she and Alaska had to do something at three but didn't say what it was" Laila replied and say next to her cousin on the big couch.

"Besto" Jaya said making Josiah's head snap up and turn to his best friend.

"Do you know what today is?" Jaya smiled excitedly making Josiah frown in confusion.

"It's our anniversary" Jaya sang as she squirmed in her seat.

"Bitch don't play like that." Josiah said waving her off as he looked at the date on his phone. "Our anniversary not until June" he said making Jaya laugh.

"I know but it was fun seeing you get all scared for a second" Jaya smiled and yawned.

Roman walked into the living room a minute later and sat next to Josiah before putting his arm around the boy who glanced at him and his arm in questioning.

Roman arched an eyebrow at Josiah as he tilted his head in a daring way.

Josiah, who rolled his eyes, mumbled something to Roman making the boy smirk and tightened his arm around Josiah. They began to have a hushed conversation with each other where Roman's smirk grew more and more.

"Um excuse me" Laila said making the two boys turn their heads to look at her.

"What is this? Did I skip a few chapters" She said as her eyebrows raised.

Josiah rolled his eyes again making Roman mumble something in his ear. He muttered a Sorry to Roman and looked back at Laila who was still standing there confused.

"It's not that hard to figure out. Josiah and Roman are infatuated with each other now stop being nosey child and come help me in the kitchen." Lily Mae said as she entered the living room.

"Ha" Josiah laughed at Laila's bombarded face making Lily Mae turn to him.

"You want to laugh? Get in this kitchen and help boy" She said making Josiah's face fall causing Roman to chuckle at.

"You too" Lily said and ushered the three of them out of the living room as they all protested. "Don't make me hit all three of y'all in the rump with this slipper" she said silencing their protests.

"Well that was interesting" Jaya smiled as she shook her head.

Alan smiled as she looked down at Jaya and looked back at the tv that was playing the George Lopez show. "Never miss with Mae" he chuckled and shook his head.

"I got food" Elias cheered as he walked into the living room with snacks in his hands. Jaya sat up quickly to grab the bag of red Doritos out of his hands.

"Thank you" She said when he handled her a bottle of water. He sent her a smile on return before plopping down on the other side of Alan.

"Sooo" Elias paused as he cracked open a soda can of  sprite. Jaya turned her head to look at him as she took a sip of her water. "What's going on with the two of you" Elias asked as an eyebrow arched from his face and he drank some of his sprite.

"What do you mean?" Alan said barely paying attention as he continued watching his show.

"Y'all seem a little bite cuddled up over there and I was told y'all arrived here together after Jaya was gone all night last night."

Jaya opened her mouth to say something but her phone rang causing her to pause and answer it. "Hello"

"Yes this is she" Jaya frowned some as she listened to the person talk on the phone. She stood up and mumbled a small yeah to the person.

Moments later, Jaya let out a big gasp and her phone slipped through her hands. It landed on the floor with a small thud and Jaya let out a loud sob.

"Jaya what's wrong" Alan asked quickly as he stood up, rushing over to her.

"My mom is in the hospital and in a coma."