42

AUGUST 13th
Noon

It's been three days since Jaya was attacked and she's been sleep ever since then. The doctor said her body was healing itself right now which could be a reason to why she was still asleep.

Jaya's stomach was almost completely flat now which hurt Alan every time he looked down at it. He hasn't left her side since they were allowed to be in her hospital room.

"Hey cousin" Laila said as she walked inside of the room. She walked over to Alan who was staring at Jaya with a blank expression on his face.

"Here I brought you some food and some change of clothes" She said handling them the bag of food and another bag full of clothes.

"Thanks Laila" he mumbled to which she nodded her head to. She looked at Jaya with a saddened look before sighing softly.

"Alaska and Renae have to go back Little Bridge tomorrow but the rest of us are staying" She said and Alan nodded his head. Elias already left because his family needed him. So with the Webb sisters leaving, it would just be Laila and Roman staying beside Alan.

There was a knock at the door before a head peeked in. Alan turned his head to see Lily Mae smiling at him as she walked further into the room.

"Mae" Alan smiled and stood up to hug the older lady. She laughed and hugged him back with a big smile on her face.

"How you been hun" She asked him before hugging Laila who smiled, hugging her back.

"I could be better" Alan said before he sat back down.

"Ah yes" Lily turned her head to look at Jaya before taking hold of her sleeping hand.

"I brought Alice and Sola too. They are just outside the door if you want to see them" Lily said but more to Laila who smiled big and hurried out the room.

"Alan dear talk to me" Lily Mae spoke as she looked at the hurting boy.

"Is it bad that I'm thanking the heavens that she's still sleep?" Alan asked as he continued to stare at the ground with a hard glare on his face.

"Why is that dear?"

"Because when she wakes up she is going to have to hear the worst news ever Mae. And guess who has to tell her..Me. I don't want to look in her eyes and tell her something that's going to completely break her" Alan sighed and ran a hand through his hair out of frustration and stress.

"I know dear but you have to tell her. She needs to know about babies. She deserves that right to know." Lily said making Alan nod his head.

"I know. I just don't want to hurt her"

"What's wrong with my babies" Lily and Alan's head snap to look at the once sleeping Jaya who was now staring back at them in fear.

"Oh my god Jaya honey you're awake" Lily said smiling big as she leaned down to hug Jaya who weakly hugged her back.

"Hi Lily" she said smiling up at Lily Mae who smiled back at her.

"I'm so happy to see you but Alan" Jaya paused turning her head to look at him. "What's going on?" She asked him making him suck in a deep breath.

Lily Mae and Alan exchanges glances before she sighed.

"I'm going to step outside and let you two talk" she said before sending Jaya another smile. She walked out of the room and closed the tan colored door behind her.

"Hey baby" Alan said and took hold of her hand. Jaya frowned at him and he looked at her with saddened eyes.

"Alan just tell me please" Jaya pleaded before she looked down at her stomach. She saw the lack in size making her eyes widened and tears to prick at her eyes. "Oh my god" she whispered shaking her head no.

"Baby when you were stabbed, you lost so much blood. The knife ripped through the sack of your baby and pierced through him." Alan explained making Jaya burst into sobs.

"Don't say it Alan please don't say it" she begged him.

"He's dead Jaya. The doctors tried their very best to save him but he's gone" Alan said causing Jaya to scream a no as she cried loudly.

"They performed an emergency C-section on you and pulled both babies out before trying to save your baby boy but it was too much blood and h-he" Alan paused as he felt himself crying as he looked away from Jaya.

"I'm so sorry baby I'm sorry" Alan said and Jaya continued to shake her head. "I'm so sorry.

"He's not gone. My baby is safe he's okay" Jaya cried out as she began hiccuping as she cried. "He's alive no" Her heart monitor began to beat extremely fast making Alan's eyes widened.

"I want my baby! He's alive!" She screamed at Alan before the room's door bursted open. Three nurses filled the room with a doctor right behind them.

"Ma'am I'm going to need you to calm down for me" the female doctor said but Jaya continued to scream as she cried.

"I want my baby! He's not gone! He's okay!" She continued to scream as her cheeks began to stain with her tears. She fought against the nurses as they tried to hold her down.

"Ma'am please" the doctor tried to plead to her again but Jaya couldn't hear her over her own screams for her child.

"Please I just want to see my baby boy! Let me see him I know he's not dead!" She continued to yell making the doctor yell at the nurses to give her something. "You all are liars he's okay and well!"

"Okay ma'am I'm going to give you something to calm you down" the doctor said in a calm tone as she held a needle in her hand. Jaya's eyes widened and she began to shake under the nurses' grasps more.

"No no don't touch me!" Jaya shouted. "Let me the fuck go I want to see my baby! Please let me see him"

The doctor slid the needle in Jaya's arm and Jaya began to quiet down immediately. The nurses lifted their hold off Jaya as she began to calm down.

"What did you give her?" Alan asked the doctor who took her gloves off.

"Just something to have her relax and calm down. She will be asleep for a few hours and hopefully when she awakes again, she will be calmer" The doctor said and excused her self out of the room. The nurses left only a moment later while Alan walked to Jaya before taking her hand.

"I'm so sorry Jaya" he whispered to her as he kissed her now drowsy self's forehead. "I'm so sorry"

"Please tell me he's okay" she said in a sleepy tone before she closed her eyes and fell asleep; knocked out.