22

MAY 3
Time: twelve fifty pm

Jaya sat in her room staring out the window as she contemplated her life right now. Before she was denying the fact that Dom was the father of her unborn babies, but seeing him yesterday made her finally accept it.

Jaya sighed and moved her curly hair out of her face before looking down at her five month old pregnancy belly. She let her fingers run across her belly before a small smile grew on her face.

"Don't worry babies mommy is going to figure everything out" Jaya mumbled softly to her unborn babies before she moved her attention off her stomach.

"Jaya honey" someone knocked on the door before Jaya saw her mother's head as she entered the room.

"Hey mom" Jaya sighed a breathless breath before looked down at her fingers, playing with them.

"You were answering my phone calls or text messages so I had to see what was going on" her mother said then she sat down on the edge of Jaya's bed.

"That nice lady Lily Mae you were telling me about, she brought me here so I could see you" she added and Jaya nodded her head.

"Mom I don't think I can ever come home" Jaya mumbled softly after a few minutes of silence.

"Why?"

"It was never truly home for me mama not since Daddy died." Jaya looked at her mother who looked away from Jaya's glance at the mention of her late husband.

"I understand" her mother said in such a soft and quiet tone Jaya had trouble hearing her.

"I will still come visit you and show you the kids but mom I can't live in that house anymore"

Lisa Avery looked at her daughter before she sent her a small smile. "Okay baby" Jaya smiled at her mother's approval and leaned over to hug her mother who gladly hugged her back.

"Now let's talk about my beautiful unborn grand babies"Isla smiled big and Jaya smiled some.

Her mouth opened before she began to talk about all her plans for her babies. Lisa sat and listened to everything she had to say but also gave some of her own advice.

~|~|~

Jaya walked into the kitchen, of Lily Mae's house, and grabbed a pack of blueberry oatmeal out of the pantry. She hummed a soft tone as she poured the oatmeal in to a bowl and added some milk.

"I swear milk makes it taste so much better" Jaya mumbled to herself before she put the bowl in the microwave for a minute and a half.

Jaya grabbed her phone and looked through her messages hoping to see a text from Josiah but she didn't see anything. She sighed and put her phone down on the counter.

The microwave beeped and Jaya grabbed the bowl out of it. She set it on the counter before pouring a little bit more milk in the oatmeal. She mixed it together and smiled.

"Oatmeal at five in the evening huh?" Someone said from behind Jaya making her jump in surprise. She turned to see Roman leaning against the wall of the kitchen doorway.

"Breakfast food sucks ass during actual breakfast time" Jaya shrugged her shoulders before eating her oatmeal.

"You are definitely not wrong about that one" Roman nodded his head and Jaya smiled.

She took another spoonful of her oatmeal back into her mouth and almost moaned at the amazing taste.

"You seen Lily?" He asked her and she shook her head.

"She's in her room taking a nap I think" Jaya shrugged and Roman nodded before leaving the kitchen.

"Hey" Alaska smiled as she entered the kitchen.

"Jesus you all pretty much live here at this point" Jaya grumbled and put her empty in the kitchen sink.

"Duh Mama Lily is all of us' second mom" Alaska shrugged before sitting on the kitchen island counter.

"Yeah I got that" Jaya said before she sighed leaving the kitchen with a hand on her head. She made a distorted look on her face before she walked into the living room, sitting at the couch.

"You good?" Roman asked as he walked into the living room. He rolled his shoulders before sitting down next to Jaya on the couch.

"I just am feeling a bit of some discomfort because I stood on my feet for too long. My back starts hurting and my feet." Jaya mumbled softly and Roman nodded his head.

"Turn and face the window" he said to her making the pregnant girl look at him confusingly. "Just do it" he commanded her making her roll her eyes and turn her body.

Roman placed his hands on Jaya's shoulders making her slightly flinch before she looked back at him. "Relax I'm not going to hurt you" he said to her.

Jaya frowned some before she turned her head back around. Roman nodded his head before gently moving his hands. He gave massaging her shoulders softly.

Jaya's eyes fluttered close and she smiled. Her body gave to relax and she enjoyed the feeling of the massage on her shoulders.

"Ou that feels good" he heard her mumble softly and Roman let out a small smile as he continued.

"Roman Mama Lily says she's almost done getting ready" Alaska said coming into the living room with a bottle of water in her hands.

"Where you guys going?" Jaya couldn't help but to ask as she looked over at Alaska who sat in front of her.

"A bingo game but I'm not going. I only came over because I was bored" Alaska shrugged before taking a gulp of her water.

"My mom use to love bingo so much. I wonder if she would want to go with y'all" Jaya said before grabbing her phone from beside her. Roman stopped for a second to let her readjust before he continued massaging her shoulders.

"How long is your mom in town for?"

"Eh I don't know actually but I know is not going to be for long" Jaya shrugged her shoulders and texted her mom.

"Why you say that?" Alaska asked as she looked at Jaya.

"Because my step father will eventually get tired of being here and make my mom leave to go back home" Jaya said and put her phone down.

Roman raised his eyebrows but didn't say anything while Alaska mumbled "your step father seems like a dick a little bit"

Jaya snorted and smiled some while she shook her head. "Not a little bit..a lot"