23

—MAY 5Time: nine forty am—

MAY 5
Time: nine forty am

Jaya sat on the phone with her mother as she was laid out on the couch. She was wearing a black one piece swimsuit with a white cover up on top. Jaya was offered to go to the beach by Laila who was on her way to come get Jaya.

"You want to come to the beach with us ma?" Jaya asked her mother on the phone. She stared up at the ceiling as she played with one of her hair strands.

"I can't honey Dom wants to go back to Nevada" Jaya heard her mother say making her sigh and frown slightly.

"I wish you would divorce him mom" Jaya spoke in a soft tone making her mother sigh as well.

"I love him Jaya"

"But does he love you mom" Jaya couldn't help but ask. Her mother paused and her breath hitched some giving Jaya her answer.

"Mom I love you and I don't want to hurt you but I need to tell you something that happened involving Dom" Jaya said and her mother mumbled an okay making Jaya bit her lip.

"Mom Dom had me dr-"

"Lisa let's fucking go!" Jaya heard Dom scream from the other end of the phone. Lisa Avery said okay before she said a quick goodbye to Jaya who couldn't even respond because Lisa had hung up.

"Well you look stressed about life" Someone said making Jaya turn her head to see Laila standing in the doorway of the living room with a sly smile on her face.

"When am I not"

Laila's smile grew and she stepped further into the living room. "True which is crazy because life is such a meaningless thing" She tilted her head to the side some and raised her eyebrows.

"That it is but the humanity in us forces us to believe that life has some what of a meaning to it" Jaya stood up from the couch with a slight shrug of her shoulders.

"Humanity is bullshit" Laila ran her red painted nails along the coffee table with a frown of her eyebrows.

"Why are y'all talking like y'all some supernatural creatures" Elias asked as he walked into the living room with a half eaten apple in his right ring covered hand.

"Who said we aren't" Jaya smiled turning to Elias who scoffed before biting into the apple more.

"God is a woman they say" Laila winked at Elias and slipped past him, exiting the living room.

"Like God actually exists" Elias rolled his eyes and Jaya shrugged her shoulders.

"Who knows Elias who knows" she said before looking out the window.

A few minutes later, Laila walked back into the living room dressed and changed into a blue bikini top and some black shorts. Her hair was pinned into a messy bun with her hands holding her bag and sunglasses.

"Okay you ready?" She smiled at Jaya who looked at her and nodded her head. She stood up and they both left the living room heading to the front door.

"Everyone else is suppose to meet us there- ELIAS LET'S GO" Laila yelled for her friend who came out the living room with an irritated look on his face.

"Woman don't you yell at me" he said before following the two girls out of the front door after locking it.

"Woman don't you yell at me" Laila mocked him before rolling her eyes. Jaya laughed at that and smiled shaking her head.

They walked to Elias' car and Jaya got in the front seat while Laila got in the driver's. "Is there a reason why I'm sitting in the backseat of my own car" Elias asked with a slight arch of his eyebrow.

"Because Jaya is pregnant so she automatically gets the front seat and I want to drive so shut up and be happy" Laila said and started the car quickly. She pulled out of the driveway and drove down the road.

"That's not fair" Elias fake pouts and crosses his arms over his chest before he sighed heavily. Jaya shook her head at his dramatics and looked out the window while Laila drove them toward the beach.

It took them almost two hours to reach the beach. Jaya ended up falling asleep about twenty minutes until the ride while Laila and Elias kept arguing back and forth about the most silliest of things.

"Hey Jay we're here" Laila said gently shaking the pregnant girl. Jaya groaned softly before she slowly opened her eyes. She lifted her head off the lean of the window and rubbed her eye to bring her sleepiness out of her.

"Come on we're the last ones here" Elias said getting out of the car.

Jaya got out of the car and stretched her sleeping limbs before she groaned again. Laila stretched as well and followed behind Elias onto the sandy beach with Jaya walking behind the both of them.

It didn't take them long to find the others who were closer to the beach shore playing some music while Alan and Roman throw a football back and forth.

"Hey y'all" Laila said announcing herself to everyone making them realize the last three of the group have arrived.

"Hey" Renae smiled and Laila walked to her and Alaska who were under a rainbow colored beach umbrella, drinking some fruity looking drinks.

Jaya sat down next to Roman bag on a towel before pulling her shoes off. She ruffled her hair and rubbed her stomach softly before looking over at the ocean water.

"Hey" Alan said as he came and sat down next to Jaya on the towel. He was breathing heavily and sweat was running down his body in a way Jaya almost blushed.

"Hey" she said sending him a smile. Alan looked out at the water and looked around them before looking back at Jaya who was slightly frowning.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked as he felt she was zoning out.

"I'm thinking about the time-"

"The time when I picked you up and threw you into the water at the beach last year and you made me think you were drowning." Someone said cutting her off from the other side of her.

Jaya turned her head to see Josiah sitting next to her  with a small smile on his face. Jaya smiled big and the next thing she knew she was tackling him to the ground while she squealed.