54

—SEPTEMBER 29Four ten pm—

SEPTEMBER 29
Four ten pm

Tears ran down Jaya's face. She was sniffling and Alan had to hold on to her so she didn't fall.

"Are you s-sure" Jaya hiccuped as her hands wiped at her face. The doctor nodded his head.

"You can take her home" he said making Jaya's knees buckled and she fell back into Alan's arms. She cried harder as she gripped at his shirt.

"Oh my god" she said as her hands covered her mouth. The doctor sent her a smile and turned to the small changing table where Skyla laid asleep.

"Skyla Danielle Avery is officially free to go from the hospital." He said making Jaya look over at her daughter. She walked over to Skyla before lifting her into her arms. "With of course weekly visits to make sure she is okay at the local hospital in Texas."

"Thank you Jesus" She mumbled holding her baby girl close to her. Jaya looked at the ceiling and closed her eyes some. "Thank you" she whispered as salty tears continued to run down her cheeks.

"I will have a nurse come by with the paper work for your little one here." The doctor then excused himself from the room while Jaya continued to hold Skyla.

"You get to come home with me baby" She said smiling down at her sleeping baby who stirred in her sleep.

"I'm going to go get her car seat and I'll fill out the paper work for you" Lisa, Jaya's mother, said before she left the room as well.

"Alan can you believe it" Jaya was smiling so big and bright as she looked at her boyfriend who was also smiling as he stared down at Skyla.

"It's unbelievable baby." He said and walked over to Jaya only to kiss her forehead softly before looking down at little Skyla who let out a small baby yawn.

"Aw you are so cute oh my lord" Jaya kissed her baby girl's cheek and grinned. "Look at your chubby cheeks"

"She's extremely beautiful baby" Alan stroked a finger on Skyla's face to which she let out a small sneeze causing Jaya to coo at.

"Okay sweetie the paper work is all finished" Lisa said when walking into the room with a baby car seat in her right hand.

"I can't believe that this is really happening right now" Jaya said as she leaned down to get Skyla all fastened in and comfortable.

"Take it in baby" Lisa said rubbing Jaya's back softly. "Take it all in because it's really happening. She's coming home." Jaya teared up once more and sniffled as she picked up the car seat. Alan took it from her hands and she grabbed her bag from a chair it was laying on.

"Let's go baby" he said as he held the door open for her. Jaya walked out of the room and the three of them walked down the hallway where a very excited Uncle Josiah stood as he waited at the entrance of the hospital.

"Your goddaughter is finally leaving the hospital" Jaya smiled upon reaching Josiah who immediately looked down at a once again sleeping Skyla.

"You going straight to the house?" He asked her to which she nodded her head.

"Yeah" Josiah walked outside with them and he grabbed his phone out of his pocket.

"I'll meet you at the house then because we need to talk" He said before hugging Jaya bye. He smiled down at little Skyla before leaving.

When Jaya got Skyla settled into the car, she got in as well and turned to Alan. "Hey babe I have a question"

"What's up" he said as he fastened his seatbelt.

"When we were" Jaya paused as she blushed making Alan look at her and smile.

"Having sex" Alan finished the sentence for her as he pulled out of the hospital parking lot and drove down the road.

"You switched languages." She mumbled looking at him.

"Yeah Romanian"

"Why didn't you tell me that you could speak Romanian" she frowned. "Now that I think about it, I don't know much about you Alan."

He sighed and pulled the car over to a gas station parking lot. "Okay what do you want to know" He said turning his attention to her completely.

"Well for one what is this family business you basically inherited. You know when someone says they inherited something immediately I think of the Mafia or they are just super rich."

Alan scratched the back of his neck and sighed. "I wouldn't really call it a business. My family buys or invests a building right? Usually it's torn down and the business inside isn't really doing much. So my family will buy the business or just the building and renovate it. They will completely change it into something better."

"So they are investors." Jaya asked him and Alan nodded his head.

"Yeah and definitely really good at it."

"So how did you end up in Little Bridge?"

"I was traveling to Houston when my tire got flat and I had to stop. We stopped near Lily's diner and I met her there. I liked the people and pretty much just decided to stay" he shrugged his shoulders.

"So you aren't apart of the mafia" Jaya asked as a way of making sure.

"I'm not apart of it"

The way Alan said that didn't sit right with her so she sent him a flat look. "Alan" she started.

"I arrange drop offs for guns to the some mafias and gangs." He said making Jaya's eyes widened.

"What"

"My family basically creates and sells guns and other weaponry to dangerous people like a mafia, cartel or gang."

"So when your family invests in these buildings and businesses..they really are just changing for their gun business" Jaya asked and Alan shook his head.

"No that completely is just something they do on the side for legal reasons."

"I-I" Jaya shook her head. She had no words truly.

"So when you left me to go back to Little Bridge for like a week and some change were you exactly going to Little Bridge?"

Alan shook his head no. "I went to California because of a drop off complication but when I came back I did go to Little Bridge and see Mae and everything."

"So you lied to me" Jaya said making Alan look away from her.

"Jaya—" he was cut off by Jaya shaking her head. "Just take us home. My baby been in this car for too long."