𝟏

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐰𝐧 in the movie theatre waiting for his movie to start.

"War continues to ravage Europe. But help is on the way. Every able-bodied young man is lining up to serve his country. Even little Timmy is doing his part collecting scrap metal. Nice work, Timmy!"

"Who cares? Play the movie already!" Someone shouted.

"Hey, you wanna show some respect?" Steve whispered.

"Meanwhile, overseas, our brave boys are showing the Axis powers that the price freedom is never too high."

"Let's got! Get on with it! Hey, just start the cartoon!" The guy shouted again.

"Hey buddy, you wanna shut up?!" Steve said louder this time.

"Together with Allied forces, we'll face any threat, no matter the size."

"You just don't know when to give up, do you?" The guy said as he pushed Steve into a near by alleyway.

"I can do this all day." Steve said as the guy went to attack him again.

"Hey! Pick on someone your own size." The unknown voice made the two stop and look to where it came from. Coming out of the shadows were two people dressed in their military gear. James 'Bucky' Barnes and Thomas Miller.

After the cinema jerk scrambled away Bucky spoke up.

"Sometimes, I think you like getting punched."

"I had him on the ropes." Steve replied.

"How many times is this?" Thomas asked as he picked up Steve's enlistment form off of the ground.

"Oh, you're from Paramus now? You know it's illegal to lie on the enlistment form. And seriously, Jersey?" Bucky said as he read the form.

"You get your orders?" Steve asked.

"The one-o-seventh. Sergeant James Barnes. Shipping out for England first thing tomorrow."

"What about you Tom?"

"I'm staying in the States just waiting to go out again." Thomas replied making Steve nod his head.

"I should be going." The blond man said.

"Come on, man. My last night! Gotta get you cleaned up." Bucky announced.

"Why? Where are we going?" Steve questioned.

"The future." Thomas said using jazz hands for effect. He hands him the newspaper he was holding, Steve opens it to see the ad for World Exposition Of Tomorrow, 1943.

"I don't see what the problem is. You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know, there's three and a half million women here." Bucky beamed.

"Well, I'd settle for just one." Steve replied.

"Good thing I took care of that."

"Hey, Bucky! Hey, Tommy!" Two of the three girls said as she waved.

"Tommy? Thats new." Thomas joked as he, Bucky and Steve walked over to the girls.

"What did you tell her about me?" Steve asked Bucky.

"Only the good stuff." Bucky answered.

"Welcome to the Modern Marvels Paviliion and the World of Tomorrow. A greater world. A better world."

"Oh, my God! It's starting!" One of the girls said as she dragged Bucky off with her leaving Thomas and Steve.

"Come on Steve." Tom said sympathetically when he saw that Steve was looking at a army enlistment poster.