𝟖

𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐬 with a gamma ray detection scanner on the sceptre for radiation. Tony looks at his monitors, shifting and solving as many algorithms and equations.

"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process." Bruce said.

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops." Tony replied.

"All I packed was a tooth brush."

"You know, you should come by STARK tower sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land."

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem."

"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises." Suddenly, Tony poked Banner with a miniature electrical prod. Thomas and Steve walked in on them and Steve was pissed at Tony.

"Ow!" Banner muttered.

"Hey!" Steve shouted at Tony making his and Thomas' presence known.

"Nothing?" Tony questioned Banner.

"Are you nuts?" Steve asked the Stark.

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" Tony asked ignoring Steve.

"Is everything a joke to you?"

"Funny things are."

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offence, Doctor."

"No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." Banner muttered as he continued doing what he was doing.

"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut." Tony spoke.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." Steve responded.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables."

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Thomas spoke up for the first time.

"He's a spy. Sergeant, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets." Tony said as he pointed to Banner. "It's bugging him too, isn't it?"

"Uh...I just wanna finish my work here and..." Bruce muttered.

"Doctor?" Steve asked.

"'A warm light for all mankind, Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." Bruce said.

"I heard it."

"Well, I think that was meant for you. Even if Barton didn't post that all over the news." Bruce said pointing at Tony.

"Stark Tower? That big ugly.." Steve said but Tony gave him a look. "...building in New York?"

"Nice save Steve, nice save." Thomas joked.

"It's powered by Stark Reactors, self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for what, a year?" Bruce continued.

"That's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now." Tony announced.

"So, why didn't S.H.I.E.L.D bring him in on the Tesseract project? I mean, what are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Bruce asked referring to the Stark.

"I should probably look into that once my decryption programmer finishes breaking into all of S.H.I.E.L.D's secure files."

"I'm sorry, did you say...?" Steve said taken aback.