𝟐𝟏

𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐰𝐧 in his apartment. He was looking through the kitchen cabinets for some snacks when he heard the doorbell go.

Thomas wasn't expecting anyone so he approached the door carefully. Once he opened it he was greeted by a very nervous looking red-head.

"Hey Nat." Thomas greeted softly. "Come in." Thomas moved to the side so he could let her in.

"Thanks." Natasha muttered as she walked passed him and walked into the kitchen.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Thomas asked as he looked through the food he had out.

"Um, no thank you."

"I know you're secretly hungry so here." Thomas chuckled as he gave her a packet of Doritos.

"Thanks."

"No problem, I was just about to watch a movie, wanna join?"

"Yeah sure."

The two made their way into the living room where Thomas had everything set out and ready for a movie.

"Which one? The Breakfast Club or Dirty Dancing?" Thomas asked as he held up two dvds.

"The Breakfast Club." Natasha said after some thought.

"Good choice." Thomas smiled as he put the movie on.

They both sat on the sofa as they waited for the movie to play. Thomas had made some popcorn and had put the bowl in between them but he could see that Nat wanted to be closer to him.

"You know you can move closer I don't have some disease." Thomas joked as he looked at Natasha.

She gave him a happy smile and placed the popcorn onto his lap so she could move closer to him. Natasha placed the popcorn in between them and snuggled herself into Thomas' side waiting for the movie to start.

Gradually as the movie went on the two occasionally snuck quick glances at each other. Every time Thomas looked at the red-head leaning against him his heart would speed up. He was pretty sure that she knew what affect she had on him.

It was the same for Natasha, every time she looked up at the man she was against she would get a weird feeling in her stomach and her heart would speed up too. But she was convinced that he didn't like her since neither of them had talked about the kiss they had shared whilst they were against Ultron.

Natasha looked up at Thomas one more time and saw that he was whispering the words under his breath.

"One of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basket case, a princess and a criminal."

Still, part of Natasha told her that she shouldn't be feeling this way and that love was for children. She kept thinking that she was a monster because she couldn't have kids. But the other half of her was shouting at her saying she should go for it and tell Thomas that she likes him.

Whilst she was in her little day dream she didn't notice the movie had finished and that Thomas was staring at her with confusion and worry written on his face.

"Nat? Are you ok?" He whispered breaking her out of her trance.

"Yeah. Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just seemed a little out of it. I can get you some water or-"

"I'm fine thank you. I was just wondering if we could also watch Dirty dancing too." Natasha lied with a smile but it didn't reach her eyes and Thomas knew something was up but he didn't want to pressure her.