𝟐𝟑

𝐁𝐔𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓

Bucky is in civvies at a fruit store trying to buy some plums.

In a black cap and casual jacket Bucky walks along scanning around. Across the street he spots a twenty-something vender at a news-stand watching him. Bucky glances away, then looks back at the vender who's still watching him. The vender runs from his kiosk.

Bucky goes over and picks up a paper. On the front page there are surveillance-photos of a man and the head line: 'Winter Soldier cautat pentru Bombardmentul din Viena'. Bucky glances around tensely.

Thomas and Steve are in a small apartment. They are both looking around, there's a mattress with disheveled covers and various bits of cheap looking furniture. The kitchen and bedroom are in the same room. Steve finds a notebook on top of the fridge. He picks it up and opens it. There are tabs of varying colours sticking out from amongst the pages.

"Heads up, Cap, Sarge. German Special Forces, approaching from the south." Sam informed the two.

"Understood." Steve said. Bucky's standing behind both of his old friends and Thomas and Steve slowly turn around to face him.

"Do you know us?" Thomas asked.

"You're Steve." Bucky said looking at the blond haired man. "And you're Thomas." He said but this time looking at the brown haired man. "I read about you both in a museum."

"They've set the perimeter."

"I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." Steve said.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore."

"They're entering the building."

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive."

"That's smart. Good strategy."

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised."

"This doesn't have end in a fight, Buck." Thomas said softly.

"It always ends in a fight."

"5 seconds."

"You pulled me from the river. Why?" Steve asked.

"I don't know."

"3 seconds!"

"Yes, you do."

"Breach! Breach! Breach!"

A grenade crashes through the window. Bucky kicks it to Steve, and he smothers it with his shield.

"Schieß die Tür auf!" (Shoot the door!) A soldier yelled. The cop slams the battering ram against the door. Bucky shields himself with the mattress against an attack from the window. Thomas blocks the door with a table as cops swing in on cables. Steve pulls the rug from under a policeman, sending him flying. Bucky slams another policeman into the wall.

"Buck, stop! You're gonna kill someone." Thomas shouted.

Bucky slams Thomas down and punches a hole in the floor. "I'm not gonna kill anyone."

Bucky grabs a backpack from under the floorboards and throws it out of the window. The three try to hide behind Steve's shield to avoid gunfire.

Bucky shoves Steve and he knocks a cop over. Bucky holds up his metal hand and repels bullets, then slams a cop into shelves. Thomas picks up a large cement brick and slams it into a cop. Steve fights a cop on the balcony. A cop shoots around the door outside. Bucky punches through the wall beside he door.