𝟒𝟐

"𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰." Thomas muttered as he looked around at the Tracksuit Mafia playing cards.

"Tell me about it." Clint huffed.

"I mean it could be worse." Kate shrugged.

"I think it just got worse." Thomas said as he nodded his head towards a room where a woman had walked out of. 

She walked towards the three and stood in front of Clint. Completely ignoring Thomas and Kate. She began to sign to him but Clint looked at her with a blank face.

"Hard of hearing, not deaf." Clint said as he pointed to his ears. However, because he didn't use sign language she couldn't understand him.

"Oh boy." Thomas said as he watched Clint try and speak to the woman. In the end Clint managed to tell the woman that he wanted more cookies.

'He doesn't know sign language.' Thomas signed to the woman. She gave the super-soldier a look of shock before she began to use him as an interpreter.

"She asked what you are doing here Clint." Thomas said to the archer.

"Riding a unicorn." Clint said.

"Learning about trust." Kate added.

"Uh, she said you rely too much on technology." Thomas interpreted.

"Well, my go-to weapon is two sticks and a string so..."

"She means your hearing aid."

"Ah."

"She thinks you might find yourself better off without it."

"Yeah, sometimes I think that very same thing." Clint said as he gave Kate a pointed look.

"Now the suit."

"She put it one by accident." Clint said as he gestured to Kate. "She didn't know what it means. She is not Ronin. Look at her. She's nine and spoiled rotten."

"She beat up a few of my guys and then came running when you were in trouble. Seems like she's got something to do with it. And just because she's not the Ronin doesn't mean that Ronin's not back." A guy said interpreting the woman instead of Thomas.

"Thats just a rumour."

"How do you know?"

"Because he's dead."

"Who got him, then?"

"Black Widow."

"So Ronin is dead, and the person who killed him is dead. That's convenient. How do you know this?" 

"'Cause I was there."

"You're lying."

"He isn't." Thomas spoke up.

"If she has nothing to do with this, then why did she put on the suit in the first place?" The man asked before the woman went behind Kate and started to strangle her. "Maya, no."

"Oh, God. I put that suit on because I didn't want anybody to know that I was at the auction, okay?" Kate said. "I didn't know what it was when I put it on, I swear."