𝟐

"𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧! 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧, I'm Agent Carter. I supervise all operations for this division along with Sergeant Miller beside me here." Agent Carter said as she gestured to Thomas who was standing next to her.

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria? Thought I was signing up for the U.S. Army." A soldier laughed.

"What's your name, soldier?" Peggy asked.

"Gilmore Hodge, your Majesty."

"Step forward, Hodge." Peggy said and Hodge stepped forward smirking. "Put your right foot forward."

"Mmm... We gonna wrassle? Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like."

Suddenly Peggy punched him hard in the face causing Thomas to burst out laughing.

"Agent Carter. Sergeant Miller." Col. Phillips said as he stepped out of his car which had just arrived.

"Colonel Phillips." Peggy and Thomas said in unison as they turned around to salute the Colonel.

"I see you're breaking in the candidates. That's good!" He turned his attention to Hodge. "Get your ass up out of that dirt and stand in that line at attention 'til somebody comes tells you what to do."

"Yes, sir." Hodge said as he scrambled back up.

"General Patton has said that wars are fought with weapons but they are won by men. We are going to win this war because we have the best men... " Col. Phillips looked at Rogers before he continued talking. "And because they're gonna get better. Much better. The Strategic Scientific Reserve is an Allied effort made up of the best minds in the free world. Our goal is to create the best army in history. But every army starts with one man. At the end of this week we will choose that man. He will be the first in a new breed of super-soldiers. And they, will personally escort Adolf Hitler to the gates of Hell."

"Pick up the pace, ladies! Let's go! Double time! Come on! Faster! Faster! Move! Move!" They arrive at the flag pole. "Squad, halt! That flag means we're only at the halfway point. First man to bring it to me gets a ride back with Sergeant Miller and Agent Carter. Move, move!" Sergeant Duffy shouted.

"Come on! Get up there!" One soldier yelled.

The soldiers try to climb up the pole to no avail. "If that's all you got, this army's in trouble! Get up there, Hodge! Come on! Get up there! Nobody's got that flag in 17 years! Now fall back into line! Come on, fall in! Let's go! Get back into formation! Rogers! I said fall in!" Steve pulled a pin out at the bottom of the pole causing it to fall over.

"Thank you, sir." Steve said as he gave the flag to Duffy and got in the car with Thomas and Peggy.

"Nice one Stevie." Thomas joked as he ruffled the blonds hair.

"I thought I told you to stop calling me that." Steve said as he tried to flatten his hair back out.

"Faster, ladies! Come on. My grandmother has more life in her, God rest her soul. Move it!" Peggy said as she watched the soldiers try to do some push ups.

"You're not really thinking about picking Rogers, are you?" Phillips said as he stood beside Thomas and Dr. Erskine.

"I am more than just thinking about it. He is the clear choice along with Sergeant Miller here."

"Sorry what?" Thomas' head snapped towards the doctor at the new information.

"There will be two people taking the serum. You and another." Phillips replied.