𝟗

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐌𝐫. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤?" Fury asked as he walked into the lab where Tony and Bruce were working only to see them not working.

"Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you." Tony responded.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." Banner spoke up.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." Suddenly Tony's monitor show a collection of secret files. "What is PHASE 2?"

"PHASE 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D uses the cube to make weapons." Steve said as he and Thomas walked into the lab and slamming a weapon on one of the tables. The blond man then turned to Tony. "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're..." Nick said trying to explain.

"I'm sorry, Nick." Tony cut him off and moved the computer screen towards Fury which shows plans of the weapons. "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve said.

At that moment, Thor and Natasha walk into the lab. Natasha keeps her eyes right on Banner. Banner looks at her, pissed.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asked her.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?"

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

"Loki's manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"I would've." Thomas muttered under his breath so no-one could hear him.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"Because of him." Fury spoke up pointing to Thor.

"Me?" He asked stunned.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the cube?" Thomas questioned Nick.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor said.

"A higher form?" Steve asked.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Nick replied.

"Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything right down." Tony joined in.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Nick shot back.

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep..." Steve said.

"Wait! Wait! Hold on! How is this now about me?"