Chapter 6

Daenerys was healing very slowly for an elve, but after 2 months, she could almost do everything normally. Thranduil thought it was time to go home. Only then he realised he started to love Daenerys in only this short period of time.

One day, he saw her walking around the village. They didn't have a lot of contact, because Daenerys had to solve some problems. He went up to her. She was together with Doreah.

"Can we talk, my lady?" he asked.

"Of course," she said with a smile and followed him to her tent.

"Is something wrong?" she asked. Thranduil could hear concern in her voice.

"I have to go back where I come from and I want you to come with me," he said without taking a breath.

"I'm really sorry, Elrond, but I can't."

"Why not?"

"I have my people here, and it won't take long until I will go to war to take back my father's throne," she explained.

"Will you come to me after that?" he asked, feeling tears coming into his eyes. She took a step closer and pulled him into a hug. After the hug Thranduil gave her, this was the first time that they were this close again. It made Daenerys feel like she was save as long as his arms were around her.

"I promise I will come looking for you. Elrond. Don't be scared, I won't forget you."

"I live in Mirkwood," he said, still having Daenerys in his arms and he didn't feel the need to let go of her.

That evening, he walked out of the village. Daenrys had been looking at him for a long time while he was walking away.

'Where is Mirkwood and will I ever be able to live long enough to see him again?'she thought. But then she decided she needed to burn Khal Drogo's body as soon as possible, so she could leave this wicked place where she suffered nothing else than loss. Her head started to work again.

'I didn't only suffer loss. I also found Elrond. I love him, but I am sure that he doesn't return it to me.' If she only knew that the minute he saw her, even though she looked like she could easily fall into a hundred pieces, he already fell in love with her. This confession was actually not made and even Thranduil didn't know when he would be able to tell her this strange fact.