Chapter 7

The ride home was lonely for Thranduil. He was constantly in his mind and thinking about Daenerys. It bothered him that he lied to her. What if she came to Mirkwood and couldn't find him, because he gave the name that belonged to another elve? His plan was to take Daenerys with him to Mirkwood and ask her to marry him, but that opportunity slipped away. Next to that, his father would probably want him to marry an elleth. It hurt Thranduil to think about the face he fell in love with.

When he arrived at the Elvenking's halls, it was early in the morning. Istuives, one of the maids and a good friend of him, came running towards him. It gave Thranduil a smile on his face, and in his mind a picture was made that the girl running towards him was Daenerys. 'I have to stop this,' he thought to himself.

"Hir vuîn, you're back," Istuives said while tugging him into a firm hug.

"I always return, Istuives," he said.

"Your father wants to talk to you," she said while her smile dropped from her face.

"Is he not well?"

"No, he is almost dead, but he found a bride for you."

"I don't want to marry someone I don't love," he almost screamed, realising that a family with Daenerys would never happen.

"I know, Thranduil, but what can you do against it?" she asked.

Istuives took Thranduil's hand and brought him to his fathers bedroom. With a little nod of encouragement, she lightly pushed him in. Thranduil saw his father, the mighty King Oropher, laying on the bed. It made him think of the first time he saw Daenerys and tears collected in his eyes by this memory. His feet brought him closer to the bed, but he didn't expect his father to open his eyes. The eyes were so weak that Thranduil wished his father wouldn't have to suffer very long.