Chapter 29

Daenerys woke up in the library the next morning, still having her head on Sauron's chest. She stood up and checked everything, like she did each morning. She walked to the dwarves and saw they were finishing the last armour. She walked over to Thorin.

"How long will it take till it's done?" she asked.

"It only needs to cool off. After that you'll be fine to wear it," Thorin responded, sitting on his knees. The doors were slammed open, which almost gave Daenerys a heart attack. She saw Sauron running in and smiled at him. He sighed when he saw Daenerys.

"You scared me, my dear," he said, taking her in his arms and giving her a kiss. Thorin quickly turned away.

"I have a surprise for you," Sauron said and pulled Daenerys away. They came into the throne room and Daenerys saw a girl sitting on her knees. She had dark brown curly hair and a tanned skin. Daenerys recognised the dress right away.

"Missandei?" she said. The girl stood up and turned around.

"My lady," Missandei said and ran towards Daenerys. They hugged eachother and tears were rolling down their cheeks.

"Missandei, this is my husband Sauron," she said, taking Sauron's hand. "Sauron, this is an old friend and servant of mine Missandei." Sauron took Missandei's hand and gave a kiss on it.

"My lady," he said. Then he looked at the two with a big smile. "Go talk you two. There is enough time. I'll tell the dwarves to make another armour."

Missandei and Daenerys talked for hours about what happened in the time that had past since the burning of King's Landing. When Daenerys told her about Thranduil, Missandei looked at her in confusion.

"So you gave the elvenking up for a king of chaos and darkness?" she asked.

"Yes, but it was the right choice," Daenerys said.

"I agree with your choices," Missandei said.

"What happened to you? You have a lot of bruises," Daenerys asked. Missandei's smile faded and she looked at Daenerys in sorrow.

"After you left, Jon started to become more and more ruthless, but I think he is not himself, because his eyes turned a weird colour of blue."

Daenerys thought about this while she was looking at the dwarves getting Missandei's armour ready. Once in a while, she could feel somebody looking at her. If she shot her eyes into the direction the eyes came from, she always saw Thorin looking at her. She let this pass every time. Daenerys had decided Missandei would fight next to her. Only Balerion and Drogon didn't have a rider yet, so Daenerys decided Missandei would take Drogon and she herself would ride Balerion, which would be an honor for every Targaryen. The attack would be soon and everyone was training. The sound of metal against metal could be heard all the time, even at night.

"We are attacking tomorrow," Sauron said a few weeks after Missandei arrived. "I'll go tell everyone," Daenerys said and walked away. A smirk came onto her face. 'This is it Thranduil. You don't have long to live,' she thought. The dwarves were checking every piece of armour and all the riders were sharpening their daggers and swords, finishing their bows and arrows, getting ready to fight and, most importantely, making sure their hidden blades worked properly.

When Daenerys was alone in the room she shared with Sauron, she found the Targaryen ring in a cupboard. She hadn't been wearing it, because she would rather wear her engagement ring. Now, she decided to wear them both. Sauron would possibly think it was too dangerous, but Daenerys wanted Thranduil to recognise her right before he died. Thranduil's face with a smile appeared in front of Daenerys. She couldn't help it and smiled too. She realised she actually missed Thranduil, but she was also angry at him for giving her up. 'Would he miss me?' she thought, while turning the Targaryen ring in her hand.