Chapter 8

"Thranduil," his father said "I want you to marry Calenwen."

"I actually came back, because I fell in love," Thranduil responded. He bit his lip. His father would not be happy.

"Who is it?" the king asked.

"Her name is Daenerys Stormborn, and she is humen," he said with his eyes cast down to his feet.

"Thranduil, you are a royal elve and your children need to be full elves and not halfbloods."

"I know, ada, but I fell in love with her and I want her to be by my side forever," he said, trying to hide his shaking voice and his tears. He didn't want to look weak in front of his father.

"No, my son, take Calenwen as your bride and live a life without the loss of a human," the king said.

"I will listen to you, father. You can go in peace now," Thranduil said. His father closed his eyes to never open them again.

A week later Calenwen arrived for the wedding. The smile that played on his lips so much, was gone. The wedding looked like it was a happy wedding, but Thranduil hid his broken heart with a smile. When Calenwen got pregnant from his son, Thranduil would lay wide awake at night. What if Calenwen also lost her child? He didn't want to think about it.

The first child was a boy. His name was Legolas Greenleaf and he made the smile come back to Thranduil's face. While Legolas was growing up, Thranduil thought he recognised Daenerys in him.

But then war came and Calenwen died in a fight. Thranduil had the feeling he had lost his love forever, but he also felt relieve. Maybe there was a chance he could still find Daenerys? But what would Legolas say? He now looked like he was the same age as Daenerys when Thranduil met her. But she was human. She most definitely aged. What would she look like? After Calenwen died, the smile faded from his face forever or so he thought.