Chapter 34

Thranduil walked over to the assassin. He halted when a dragon came down and started pushing Daenerys with his snout. He made some kind of whimpering noise. He didn't get why, but Thranduil felt sorry for the huge and dangerous beast. He decided to go to the assassin. Missandei could feel somebody was approaching and unsheated her sword.

"Don't come a step closer," she said.

"Please, let me help you," Thranduil said calmly. The assassin turned around, looked up at him and lowered her sword. Thranduil could see the tears that stained her face. He kneeled down next to her and searched Daenerys pulse. It was light, but pretty steady. He gave Missandei a nod and picked Daenerys up. Missandei walked to another rider and whispered something in her ear. The rider nodded and turned towards the army.

"A command from our queen. Release all those who were captured and follow our queen's second blood rider," she screamed. All elves were released and the army disappeared, with them the full dragonarmy. It looked like everything was back to normal. Missandei came back to Thranduil. They walked inside together and Thranduil carried Daenerys to his room for the second time.

"My lord, would it be a plan if I put her in something lighter?" Missandei asked.

"That would be a good idea. What is your name?" Thranduil asked, realising he didn't even see this girl in the village when he saved Daenerys. Where was Doreah?

"My name is Missandei," she answered. Her cap had fallen off and Thranduil thought this woman was beautiful in a different way. Thranduil handed her a light nightgown and walked out of the room. Inside, Missandei took Daenerys' armour off and put her into the dress. It was made from a soft pink fabric. She called Thranduil in again. He sat down on the edge of the bed and checked something. Missandei thought it would be better if she acted like the slave she once was around this man, to try to avoid any prolems.

"She just lost a lot of her energy," Thranduil said. "She'll wake up in a few days. I'll take care of her." Missandei nodded at him, but said nothing. A red haired elleth came into the room.

"The room is ready, my lord," she said.

"Thank you, Tauriel," Thranduil said and turned to Missandei. "Please, follow this woman. A room has been made ready for you."

"Thank you, my lord," Missandei said, and left the room. Thranduil turned back and looked at Daenerys' pale but beautiful face. He would take good care of her until she would wake up.