Chapter 73

As soon as I saw Chenle and we connected our eyes, he rose his shoulders, not understanding what was going on, and I can't blame him, I had no idea either.

"Chenle, step forward" his mom called him once more and he got out of the trance and stepped closer to the sphere.

"Why did they call Chenle?" asked Lucas in a whisper, and I looked his way.

"I don't get it, shouldn't you go after me?" questioned Haechan, and I couldn't really answer, I felt their gazes on me, even Mark's, who was now paying attention to me, but I kept quiet, as my anxiety was growing.

"Light"

I didn't even pay much attention when the whole process with Chenle, but now that I see the sphere, it was bright white and it went well with what he was given.

"Sicheng" a man with a sleepy face called the brown-haired man, and he stepped forward, now waiting for his new ability, as I was still a little confused.

If I was skipped and I wasn't going to get anything at all, why calling me? Isn't it a little cruel bringing me here and then leaving empty? I don't understand.

I was really close of turning away and heading to the infirmary, I rather be in there with him taking, trying to keep him in a right state than here, where I can only suppose I am not really welcome.

"Don't leave" Haechan whispered my way while grabbing my wrist softly, as if he read my mind, I guess he knows me too well.

"I shouldn't be here" I whispered his way and he nodded his head no.

"If Chiron called you, it might be because of something" he mentioned.

"Maybe he made a mistake, I don't really think I'm needed here" he got closer to me and placed an arm around me, I looked over at it and saw his new tattoo and caressed it with my hand, tracing it with my fingers "you saw how they skipped me, and I don't think I will be able to stay here while Renjun is in the infirmary, completely vulnerable."

"What happened to him? Lucas mentioned something to me, but he didn't go too in depth" he kept whispering in my ear, I turned to see him and sighed.

"Hypnosis"

The sphere spoke and took me out of my trance that I was in, we all clapped as his tattoo formed on his forearm and he stood back, as he bowed to his dad, who was almost falling asleep.

"Remember the moment when we found him in the building?" I asked him and he nodded my way "something similar happened, the voices made him stab himself."

He opened his eyes surprised; he had no idea what was going on, he maybe knew that he was hurt, but maybe not this situation, but he at least knows what happened.

"It happened again?"

"But this time was way worse" I stated.

"Jeno" the voice of the goddess Nemesis interrupted our conversation, and her son went up to the sphere, and stood just right in front of it, waiting for the verdict.

"I don't want to make mistakes" I told him.

"You will."

I looked at him and he smiled, but I frowned, not understanding.

Is he expecting me to fail?

"You will make mistakes, and that's okay" he mentioned, I kept looking at him as my fingers kept caressing his tattoo on his forearm, his skin was soft and warm, I was used to him "the worst part is not committing a mistake, the worst part is being so afraid to commit it you stop living and doing things you love just because you might do something wrong, and there is where you make the biggest mistake."