Chapter 03

After he gave me the news that they were two other children of the big three, I opened my eyes in awe, has there been another moment in the camp were three children of the big three were alive at the same time? I can't really remember; I guess it was way too long ago.

We stood in front of the sword fighting arena, watching all the campers who were practicing very hard to get rid of their weaknesses and trying to perfection their strengths, mostly all of them were using swords as their weapon of choice, and their movements really were incredible, most of them truly knew how to wield a sword, as the pointy objects were destroying the wooden mannequins that were placed all over the field.

I kept looking at a young man, his movements were perfectly made, as his opponent had no chance against him, his strong thrusts were simply mortal, making the other guy tumble back to the ground, leaving him unarmed, finishing the fight.

"I see you have noticed Mark" Haechan mentioned, and I turned to see him, he noticed that I was staring, how embarrassing.

"Son of Ares?" I asked, as if nothing had happened.

"Yep, you got it."

"It's pretty obvious, he's great with the sword" I stated, looking as he helped the other guy stand up, he was nice too, weird for a child of Ares.

"Let's say hi" Haechan urged, it seemed that they were close, as my friend almost ran to bug the son of Ares by ruffling his hair.

"Stop it" Mark moved away, trying to get Haechan off of him.

"You love it" Haechan side hugged his friend, as they both were mocking each other.

"Lia, come here" I started walking towards them, as the son of Ares gave me his full attention, making me slightly nervous.

"Hi" I simply saluted.

"So, you are her" Mark commented.

"Her?" I asked not knowing what he was talking about.

"Venelia, daughter of Hades, you may not know me, but I have heard lots of things about you" he mentioned.

"I just hope they are nice things then."

"They are" Haechan rolled his eyes," duh."

I laughed, and then grabbed Mark's hand, which was already ready for me to grab, he proceeded to shake it slightly, but with confidence, I liked it.

"I'm Mark Lee, son of Ares" he greeted with a small smile.

"I can tell, your skills are definitely Ares kind of worthy" he smiled at my compliment and then looked at Haechan, who was approaching another guy, that was practicing with a wooden mannequin.

"Has he always been so social?" Mark asked me.

"Yeah, since always" I answered "he was not the leader of his cabin back then, but he was the one who's welcoming was the warmest, and people really liked that, although he loves to prank people, he also knows how to make someone feel good and welcomed."

He nodded.

"How did you guys meet?" he asked "he hasn't mentioned that to me, just the mission, which he hasn't mentioned a lot, but I know you guys are close."

"Well, I came before him, and at that time, the leader of the 11th cabin was on a mission, so Chiron and Mr. D. asked me to welcome him, as his cabin was very full and they were in the middle of remodeling the cabin, he had nowhere to sleep, and even though he was the son of Hermes, the bunks were already taken by his siblings or other campers whose parents haven't recognized them yet" I started explaining "so I decided to offer him a place in my cabin, I told Mr. D. and Chiron, both of them were fine with it, as they understood the situation, so we started sharing my cabin, in which there's only me, and we got to know each other, we started doing lots of things together, and we became inseparable."

"I see" he looked Haechan's way "he appreciates you a lot."

I smiled.

"We are very close, we were the only thing the other had at some moment, we are each other's rock we could say, I thank him a lot for that."

He nodded, as he understood exactly what I was talking about.

"How about you? How did you two met?"

"The classic one, I just arrived, and he was the one who welcomed me, and after the symbol of Ares appeared on my head, some campers decide to not even look my way, but he didn't even care" I smiled at his words, knowing that people were a little afraid of the children of Ares due to their violent personalities "and I appreciated it a lot, I then understood the reaction of the others when I entered the cabin and realized the battlefield that those four walls contained."

A smirk appeared on my lips; I knew exactly how cabin number 5 was.

"Yeah, I mean, is not the friendliest cabin, but you cannot judge the book by its cover, you can't just say you are the stereotypical son of Ares without getting to know who you are, like, look at you" he furrowed his brows "you look like an invincible gladiator in the arena, but you seem so nice out of it, and that's who you are, a combo of both, but people just tent to stick to what they see, instead of getting to know more."

"You can read people very well, how come?"

"Well you could say that is one of my abilities, I can sense if someone's soul is pure or not, as they say, a strength of a warrior is measured by the size of his heart, and you showed that when you helped you opponent after the fight was over, you have a good heart" I smiled up at him "and that's enough for me to trust you, other than Haechan likes you a lot, that also helps.

He laughed, and then nodded.

"I guess what he told me was right" he commented, and as he saw my confused face, he explained further "you are the kind of person that looks like a rock from the outside but soft on the inside, and also, even though you can judge people, you just aren't the one to simply hate for no reason."

I smiled a little.

"Maybe that's me, still, we have a long way to know each other, but I have a feeling that it will be a nice road" I smiled again, he did the same, and we both started walking towards Haechan, who was talking with some other guys, some whom I know, some whom I didn't. 

Chapter three, hope you like it, thanks for the support. Read you soon!

-CL

July 29, 2020