Chapter 10

Some time has passed, Lucas and I had finished taking all the thorns out of the boy's body one by one as we took our time so it wasn't traumatizing for him, and he was now resting with the proper medicine he needed to take, and also the right position, as the thorns were preventing him to have a good resting posture, making his muscles sore and ache.

"It's almost day time, I think you should rest a little, you have done enough for me" he told me with a small smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked, and he nodded.

I was actually tired, the whole day was filled with activities and then what we had done to Jaemin was also exhausting, as much as for us as it was also to him.

"You can lay on my office" he suggested "well, is not my office, is Taeil's office" I giggled a little at his confession "but he said I could use it whenever he wasn't here, and I don't think he will mind you being there, also there is a nice sofa in there, make yourself comfortable."

"Sure, but aren't you resting?"

"Not now, I have to do somethings before my siblings come by when the sun is up, don't worry about me" I nodded at his words and then he proceeded to guide me to Taeil's office, which was very spacious and the sofa really did look comfortable.

"Thanks."

"No, thank you" I smiled at him and he left, closing the door as he made his way outside.

I made my way towards the sofa and laid down making myself comfortable, it was actually pretty cozy, I felt my eyes closing slowly, as I entered a state of deep sleep.

[...]

Some noise could be heard, it was very subtle, but I still heard it.

I opened my eyes to see Taeil in his desk, filling some papers and classifying them in cabinets, with such calm that was almost pleasant, I sat down properly, but he didn't even look my way.

"Haechan has been looking for you everywhere" he announced" and I didn't know the real reason why you're here, so I didn't say anything, but I needed to let you know."

"Nothing happened between Haechan and I if that's what you're wondering" I answered.

"I am not; I'm just saying he looked quite worried about you because you were not in your cabin, and maybe you should go after him."

"I was having too many thoughts, and I felt like I needed some space, there's nothing wrong going on, I just have lots of things to think about" he nodded now looking at me with a small smile "thank you for letting me sleep here."

"Anytime" he replied "thank you for helping Lucas with Jaemin yesterday, it was very nice of you, maybe the kid wouldn't have made it without you guys help, so thank you."

"No problem, where is Lucas by the way?" I asked.

"He's now in the cabin sleeping, he was way too exhausted" I nodded, knowing that he didn't sleep last night, not even a minute.

"If you need anything, let me now."

He smiled once again and nodded, as he focused again on the papers on his desk.

I got out stretching myself, hearing how my back cracked accommodating itself, I grunted, I wasn't surprised but it startled me every time it happened.

As I was out looking for Haechan, I heard someone calling my name, it wasn't very clear, but I still heard it.

"Venelia" I turned around, to see Katie, a daughter of Demeter, who was approaching me at a fast speed.

"Hey Katie, how have you been?"

"Good, thanks" she smiled "Haechan has been looking for you all day."

"All day?"

"Is almost two in the afternoon, what time did you thought it was?" she asked as she giggled, as I opened my eyes with surprise, I was not aware of the time it was.

"For Zeus, I get now why he was so worried" I whispered.

"I just had to let you know, he looked quite concerned" I nodded.

"Thanks Katie, see you around."

"Sure!"

I started looking for the son of Hermes that was searching desperately for me, I went to the dining pavilion, to the training field, I went back to the infirmary and also to his cabin, but he was nowhere to be found.

My heart was racing a bit, as my mind was going to all the wrong places, I crunched to the ground, trying to think where would he be, I know he is not in danger, but I didn't want him to feel rejected.

And then the idea came to me.

The equine stable.

I stood up, almost tripping with my own feet as I ran as fast as I could to the stable, where if I am not wrong, he was in, as we both loved to be there and it was a place where we usually went when we were in distress or simply to think and relax.

As I made my way onto the stables, while I entered, I saw him, near my horse, caressing the sides of its neck.

"Haechan?" he turned around at the sound of my voice, and as he noticed that I was there, he stepped back from the horse and made his way to me.

His arms were now hugging me closely, not leaving any kind of space in between us, I hugged him back, grasping his shirt on the back as I felt his warmth.

"I thought something had happened to you" he confessed "you know that at night we are not allowed to go outside, and also as the harpies could get a grip on you, and they will not have mercy."

"I was a little overwhelmed, and I wanted to go somewhere, I was in the infirmary helping, nothing happened to me, trust me, I am alright."

We separated from the hug, but he was still holding my arms, as if he was afraid, I was going to leave or disappear.

"But I went there and Taeil told me that he didn't knew where you were at."

"Yeah, he told me you were looking for me, but as he didn't know what had happened between us, he decided to not say anything to you."

"That prudence sometimes stresses me out" he sighed.

"Yeah, but still we love him a lot" he nodded, laughing at my comment, knowing that Taeil was literally our dad even though the age difference was not really big.

"I'm just glad nothing happened to you, I don't know what would I do without you" he was quite worried and I could tell, I blushed a little.

"I don't know what I would do without you either" he smiled at me.

"Let's do something together, like the old times, just you and me" I agreed at his suggestion, as we made our way back.

I loved the fact that we could do things we used to do sometime before.

Here goes Chapter ten, hopefully you enjoyed it as much as I did, and thank you for voting, commenting and supporting, it makes my day! Please take care of yourselves.

Read you soon!

-CL

August 23, 2020