Chapter 27

We spoke for not really long and then all three of us decided to sleep, Renjun kept an air mattress and small fridge in which he kept some food, it was very useful and I was glad I could possibly take him into the camp, which is a thousand times better than this.

"I truly am sorry that I took this long to come get you" I apologized to Renjun as we were placing the mattress somewhere else, where the three of us will fit comfortably.

"You are here now, and I am happy with that" he gave me a small smile "although I would like some explanations."

"And I will give you some, I just need you to trust me on this one, I can't tell you just yet, I need to take you somewhere else."

"Where?"

"The camp."

"What camp? Lia, what are you saying?"

"That's all I can say for now, I will take you somewhere safe, don't worry."

"I'm going to have to trust you" he commented and I nodded, thankful that he was willing to do that for me.

I knew it would be hard for him to understand, but I have no idea how to drop the news, when there's a possibility that he might not be a demigod, which I doubt because of the connection that I feel from him to that world, still I don't want to say something wrong, that could hurt him later.

"We should sleep" I stated "there's a long way tomorrow back, we have to hurry."

As we all were there, trying to sleep, I looked at the ceiling, the only light that was present was the moonlight, which I loved, I smiled instantly as I saw the white sphere illuminating the city.

The moon has always been an object of fascination to me, it made me calm, but also intrigued, it kept me awake, making me wonder and get lost in thoughts.

There was something inside me was not desiring to fall asleep yet.

I could hear both of their soft snores, and as I made sure that those two were completely bunked down, I stood up, walking to one of the windows far from us, where I could see the moon in its full splendor, I smiled.

Maybe it wasn't time for me to do this, but I was sure I needed to.

I sighed grabbing the corners of my blouse.

"Hey dad" I started speaking to the sky, even though that's not the place where he is at "I know we really don't interact with each other, but I wanted to talk to you for some minutes as I see the situations that have happened lately could be because of me, I have no idea why or how, but I feel like it only has happened to the people whom I've known or the ones I surround myself with, and it doesn't feel right."

I exhaled as I sat down and placed my feet on the border of the window, letting them hang.

"The first thing happened when I got to the camp, I met this kid, a son of Hebe, and not long later, he got himself into a portal that only a person who can control darkness can summit, it was strange and awful, I thankfully was able to handle it and the kid is okay now" remembering Jisung's scared face, as he was desperate to live was not something pleasing to think of "although I know he is scarred for life."

The city was in complete silence as I kept talking.

"The second weird thing occurred in the training field, when some of my friends assure that their bodies were being controlled by something or someone else, and it made them hurt me, not only physically but mentally as well" the memories of Mark's and Taeyong's looks on their eyes were truly chilling.

But as I think about them right now, it actually makes sense, as their gaze looked like they were lost somewhere in the distance when the incident took place.

"And today coincidentally when I am here to get a friend of mine, souls from the underworld were talking to him, trying to convince him to jump off of a building, and now another friend of mine is saying that he feels something in the motel where we are staying at and I had a weird feeling with the receptionist" I sighed and threw my head backwards in frustration, I wondered if it also was with the man I encountered before" and I don't even know if you are listening" I let a small huff "but I just needed to get it off my chest, as I don't want to worry anyone, but if by connecting the dots, everything makes sense I want to be ready for whatever comes, I truly would appreciate it if you cared at least a little bit."

I nodded my head no, knowing all my words are probably going to the deposit where the lonely souls made them complains, and that he wouldn't listen anything that I have to say, he truly is the god the once swore not to become.

I was disappointed but not surprised.

As I was looking at the moon, I saw a figure pass in front of it, it looked like the faint silhouette of an eagle, but I was sure it wasn't, as the animal was bigger and faster, also it made no sense for eagles to be in the city at nighttime.

I furrowed my eyebrows, not understanding what happened seconds ago, it was way too fast to process and I wasn't sure if I needed to pay more attention to it, but for now, I feel like having a nice sleep will help me better than to think on possibilities which are just that, possibilities.

[...]

I was already awake when the light started to come through the windows, waking up the two other boys who were sleeping soundly.

"Good morning!" I saluted them both loudly, as they were falling asleep again— rise and shine, we have lots of things to do today.

"Hey Lia" greeted Renjun as he scratched his eye yawning.

"Good morning" seconded Haechan as he stood up and stretched.

"We will have something to eat and then we will get going."

After Renjun packed some things he wanted to keep, the three of us decided to go to a small bakery to get something to eat, as we haven't had something since last evening, and now we were starving, I knew Renjun had had something to eat, but I am sure it wasn't enough as I noticed he was slightly thinner, it wasn't something very noticeable, yet still I could spot it if I looked his way for some seconds.

As we were eating, a chilling feeling traveled up my spine, making me shiver, there was something wrong going on, I had no idea what it was, but I couldn't tell them, as it might make them worried and anxious, which is better not to be, so I kept the feeling to myself, even though they both saw my reaction.

"Is everything alright?" asked Haechan as he sipped his coffee, I nodded at both of them as I ate the waffle in front of me, trying to get rid of the feeling that was on my chest that was making me a little anxious.

New chapter out! Maybe because seeing the new NCT2020 comeback made me inspired to upload today, I am super excited about the new songs, I really did like Make a Wish (NCT U with Shotaro), I am into the song maybe a little too much.

I hope you don't mind long chapters because I believe the next ones are as long and some even longer, I hope you like it as much as I do, and maybe if you want you can support the story by voting, commenting (NCT bias hahaha), and sharing, I would love it if you do.

Thank you for all the love and support, please take care of yourselves, it is extremely important!

Stream Make a Wish from NCT U!

Read you soon!

-CL

October 12, 2020