Chapter 05

Taeil gave me some ambrosia and nectar to keep my strength, and advised me to eat well balanced meals, as I haven't been doing so these past days.

We all ate at our own tables as it was assigned for each cabin. Mine was a little far, so I couldn't really see too many people, either way I sat facing the other side, so I was almost in front of the entrance.

I made my offers to the gods as we all should do each time we eat here, and as I did, I was thanking them for giving me the opportunity to come back to the camp.

Then ate at a fast speed, to eave to my cabin right after.

The cabin was the same as I remembered it was, my room was intact, just like I had left it before leaving to the quest, it had the same feeling, it was soothing.

My bed was way too tempting, and as I was actually tired, I decided I should rest.

So, I did, I laid down on it, making me fall rapidly into the arms of Morpheus.

[...]

There was not much movement in the camp, as it was somewhat early, and I wanted to take a small walk outside before having to ask the directors if I could go get my friend who's outside, he is not as safe as I would like him to be.

I walked to the lake, sitting on the sand and staying there for some while, admiring how the lake was moving slightly, as some water creatures were enjoying the water.

There was something about water that calmed me, it was so pure and interesting, but at the same time mysterious and dangerous, it was intriguing, I liked it.

A lot.

"Hey Lia, what are you doing outside so early?" a voice behind me asked, and as I turned around, I realized it was Lucas, who looked like he was coming from his cabin as his hands were clean and not filled with medical instruments.

"I am just here enjoying the lakes view" I smiled at him "how did your training end yesterday?"

"It went pretty well" he smiled back at me with excitement on his eyes "are you not going to have breakfast?"

"Are you going there now?"

"Well yeah, I have a pretty early schedule in the infirmary as I am starting to learn the healing art and skills, so I will have breakfast now that I can before I'm too busy to do so."

"Great, then let's go to the dining pavilion together, we will have to eat separately" he made a small pout at my words, which I found equally cute and corky "but we can easily go together."

He nodded once, and handed me his right hand, I took it, and he helped me up the ground, I thanked him as we started walking to the dining pavilion, where we were going to have breakfast.

"So, are you excited to learn about healing?" I asked.

"Very, I haven't really understood what abilities I have or I can develop, so I am trying to learn as much as I can" I nodded, understanding that we all have some doubts about what abilities we inherited from our parent deity, and how can we control it.

"You haven't been here for a long time I guess."

"I just got here about two weeks ago" he confessed "that's why I haven't really experimented with my powers."

"I can help you with that if you want to."

"Really? Would you?" his eyes sparkled with emotion, he was way too excited, I smiled.

"Well, I am no healer" I started speaking "I know how to heal but I can't do it like a child of Apollo, that's a whole another level" he laughed understanding, he maybe has already seen a sibling of his in the act, and may I say, the ones who can heal make it look so effortless that is beautiful "I can teach you some things I know and also I can help you reach the state of concentration that you need to release your inner abilities, I just need your permission to reach your soul to look for them and that should be it."

"That would be amazing, I really do want to know anything and everything that I can do, I can be a fast learner and I won't let you down."

"I know you won't."

We entered the dining pavilion, and went to our respective tables, we made our offers and then proceeded to eat.

After I finished, I waved at him from the distance, he was talking with some of his siblings who were now eating all together so he didn't notice me at first, but when he saw me, he gave me a smile and waved back.

I headed to The Big House, to talk to Mr. D. and Chiron, who were the ones that could give me the permission to leave.

As I was entering, I heard some glasses breaking and some curses, who were obviously coming from Mr. D. as he was frustrated with not drinking wine as he would please, because of Zeus, who had cursed him.

"Mr. D.?" I asked, as I entered the kitchen area, where he was the only one standing.

"What do you want Veronica?" he answered with another question as he was watching some of his bottles of wine with admiration, wishing to drink them until the last drop.

He knew Veronica wasn't my name, but still, he did it to everyone, he simply changed other people's names, it was his thing, and there was nothing I could do about it.

I was already use to it.

"I was looking for you and Chiron, I need to go outside to get someone- "

"Does it look like I care at this moment?" he interrupted me with a scoff "I am trying to see if this fine Musigny Grand Cru can be tasted" he had opened the bottle and grabbed a glass to pour it into, at first it looked like wine, but not even two seconds later it turned into water, he sighed "go and bother Chiron, clearly not in the mood."

I rolled my eyes with a small smirk amused by the fun situation, and left to the office, where I guessed Chiron was.

I was right, as I saw he was there, writing some papers.

"Chiron" I entered as he looked my way.

"Venelia, is there anything I can help you with?"

"I know I just arrived yesterday from my past quest, and things are happening too fast, but I need to go back there" his eyes were filled with worry "I really do need to go get him, I am aware that my scent is way stronger than the average demigod, so I need to go before is too late."

"Somebody had already told me that yesterday" I knotted my eyebrows "you are not in the condition to go there by yourself, that's why I asked someone to go with you."

I furrowed my brows even more, thinking that maybe Haechan told him what Taeil had said about me having some issues with my ribcage, which wasn't really bad as the situation was not at all critical.

I sensed someone standing right behind me, making me look to the direction the door was at, seeing him, I smiled a little nodding my head side to side.

"Really?"

Here is Chapter 5! Hope you like it, please support this story, it means the world to me. Take care!

Read you soon!

-CL

August 6, 2020