Chapter 23

We were in front of the motel, holding our breaths as we laid on the floor, the night was very dark but thank the gods there were lots of street light lamps around us, and also the motel was very well illuminated, so that was helpful.

"Are you alright?" I asked them as I tried to stand up without getting dizzy, but I failed, so I laid down again to make my head hurt less.

"Yeah" Haechan answered as I nodded.

We both waited for the answer of the son of Ares but we got none.

"Mark?"

Nothing.

I sat down in a fast motion, making my head dizzy again, but it wasn't my biggest concern at the moment, I shrugged it off.

"Mark?" I called once more as I crawled towards him, Haechan was not able to do so, as his head was still spinning.

The son of Ares was on the ground, with his eyes fully closed, as his chest was moving slowly up and down.

I was relieved he was still alive.

"The shadow-travel was too much for him in his painful state" I told Haechan who was now trying to sit down, doing slow movements "he is at least alive, we need to make him rest as much as possible, I will go to the front desk to get a room and I will be back to help you two."

He nodded, and I did the same, as I stood up slowly and made my way onto the front desk, walking like a drunk person, making me look funny, but it was the best I could do in my dizzy state.

The man who was on the other side of the desk was listening to a radio while he read some magazines and drank some dark coffee, not even bothering to look my way.

"Sir, are there any rooms available?"

"For how long?" he asked as he turned the page over, still not looking my way, he looked tired, I huffed.

I took a look at my clock, 62 hours left, I sighed.

"Two nights, maybe less" I replied and he nodded, opening a cabinet and grabbing some keys, and tossing them my way.

"Make your payment when you check out."

I grabbed the keys and nodded as I turned around and left, it was definitely one of the weirdest encounters I've had in a long time, he seemed way too tired to be in there, and even though I was almost sure that we would be the only ones checking in at this hour, there should be someone else that doesn't look so exhausted.

"We got ourselves a place to stay" Haechan stood up at my words and stretched himself slowly "help me lift him up, careful with the leg though."

Both of us lifted Mark, he wasn't really a heavy person, but I know that I couldn't really do this by myself because not only it would be hard for me, but also, I think I would probably hurt him in the process.

"What number is the room?"

"502" I answered, and I was really thankful that it was an open place filled with houses, instead of being a hotel where you need to go to the reception with cameras, go into the elevator and do the whole process, I was very glad it was like this, the less people that see us, the better it gets for us.

"We are almost there" he mentioned signaling with a nod the doors that started with the number five.

"Good" I feel like my feet will give up anytime.

And it was true, the shadow-travel was something that drained me a lot, not only because I haven't practiced it that much, but also because I had to also take other people with me, which made the symptoms even worse, I feel like slowly my vitality was being drained from me, just like it had happened in the previous quest, but that time was almost fatal.

I took the key and opened the door to reveal the room, and as we entered and turned the lights on, we realized there was only one king size bed in the middle of it and that was pretty much all.

There was no doubt that we three could fit in there comfortably, but my concern was Mark, as his ankle is probably sprained and any movement not well made could make his injury worse.

Hopefully the nectar and ambrosia can help make him feel better soon, we need to make him eat it as soon as possible, as we cannot inject it.

We placed Mark in the bed as we both stood there watching his unconscious body, as we were contemplating what had just happened.

"You can go now and fall asleep" I told the son of Hermes "we are somewhat safe here."

"You will sleep in the middle" he stated "and I will sleep on the other side as maybe I could move around and hurt him."

"Sure, I will try to do something to his leg as you rest, I know this was way too harsh on you and I'm sorry about that."

He came closer to me and held my jaw softly, as he looked deeply into my eyes.

"If you haven't done that, we could have died" he tilted his head to the side "so don't be sorry about that­."

I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze with a small smile on my lips.

"Thank you."

He got on top of the bed on the other side and I started working on Marks' leg, which looked bruised.

It passed almost half an hour as I kept cleaning the leg and wrapped it with a gaze that I found in the emergency kit in the bathroom, and even though it wasn't the best quality and the gaze also it was short and not enough for the whole leg, it worked out somehow, and I was satisfied with my job.

Haechan was sleeping soundly on the other side of the bed when I was done, I smiled and then went to turn the lights off.

I made a way into the middle of the bed and laid there, sleep was getting the best of me, so I decided to turn around to get the hours of rest that I desperately needed, I felt a hand on my hip and I opened my eyes who were closed before.

"Goodnight Lia."

"Goodnight Haechan" he smiled, gave me a kiss on the cheek and turned around "goodnight Mark" I whispered to myself "I hope we can all be better tomorrow."

Chapter 23 is out now! I feel like I want to keep uploading two or three times a week, lately I have seen the KPOP industry having some strange inconsistencies, and I can't help to feel slightly concerned about the idols and such as they have been overworking them more than usual (SuperM and NCT as an example, although I am aware that there are more), and maybe that's why I keep on writting and reading about them, so I can have another "perspective" that isn't so cruel sometimes, or at least as much as reality is. 

Either way, I do really hope you enjoyed the chapter as well as the story, thank you for being here and supporting this book, in which you can vote, comment and share if that's what you desire.

Take care as always and please spread love and positivity, the world really needs it.

Read you soon!

-CL

October 3, 2020