Chapter 36

I was quite concerned about Renjun, not because he didn't have a cabin, that was the least of my concerns because he could still sleep at the Hermes cabin or if he wants to he can sleep in mine, I was worried about him not knowing how to process this and how will we manage it, as this is the first child of Thanatos, and the powers he had inherited are unknown, it was a whole mystery and I was actually worried.

I know it must be hard to process.

After the whole commotion, Chiron and Mr. D. decided to keep on going with the explanation of how the game is going to work, and I guessed they were going to solve the situation later, but they needed to keep on explaining as the teams will need the instructions so we could make our plans for the game, and the meeting has to finish so we could start as soon as possible.

"We acknowledge that there has been something not common occurring at the moment, but we need to move on and finish the explanation" stated Chiron "and now that we have the teams settled" he looked at me and I nodded, it was clear that as we had one spot on our team, Renjun will be part of the red team with me "we will resume with the rest of the information that needs to be explained."

"Nice" Mr. D. clapped once "so the next days will be your preparation days, you will train with your teams and get ready for the game, and there will be a surprise in the middle of it, so be aware of that" he snickered and drank from another can of Coca-Cola he had on his podium, he grunted at the flavor, but kept drinking either way.

I smirked, I knew these kinds of surprises are actually great ones, as there are lots of supernatural things involved, and hopefully this one doesn't disappoint, although I don't think it will at all.

"And as each cabin has a flag, you need to be careful on where do you hide it because we have planned that the game will last long, and you cannot place the flag inside the cabins as those are prohibited for safety and private purposes" continued Chiron "and also there are other places which are not permitted, the infirmary is off limits, and so is The Big House."

"Just please don't be dark and try to look for them at night, and less if you're alone, we don't want any deaths, alright" Mr. D. speaks as if it was nothing, but it is a serious matter, as at night even if we are inside the camp, anything could happen.

"Either way, this is all for now, if there are any other announcements, we will communicate it to everyone, we will give you time to go eat and rest, so you all can start tomorrow getting to know your team well" finished Chiron with an applause "dismissed."

We all stood up and the majority was already leaving, but I noticed that lots of eyes set on us, mainly on Renjun, who was somehow still a little too calm, hopefully he doesn't burst out and have a mental breakdown, I know how difficult it can be, and even more when your father is not even considered a deity that has offspring's, and less with humans.

I had the same thing at first, and I know firsthand how he is feeling.

"Dude, you just got recognized!" exclaimed Haechan with a smile as he patted Renjun's back, trying to set a better atmosphere, as it was kind of tense.

"Yeah, that's great!" called out Jaemin "that's good news."

"Renjun, don't worry, nothing wrong is going to happen" I tried to calm him down, as I also placed my hands on his shoulders, as his gaze was looking at the distance.

"I need to talk to Chiron" he commented as he still was looking somewhere else.

"No, not now, you will talk to him tomorrow, let's go and eat and the we will rest" I suggested.

"Renjun, you can sleep in Hermes' cabin tonight, we will discuss a solution tomorrow" Chiron spoke and then left as he nodded.

"Let's go" announced Johnny as we started walking to the dining pavilion.

Mark approached us and saluted us, and most of them responded, but it was a little odd, as the girls who he was with were on his side still, they noticed we were looking at them, not being too welcoming, so they bid their goodbyes and went another way.

"Who were them?" asked Yuta with a smirk as he looked the way where the girls had left.

"Daughters of Aphrodite, they were intrigued with some things about the game and were asking me" he answered, I knew I wasn't wrong, they actually were daughters of the goddess of love and beauty.

"Not like you know much, as I was the one who explained everything to you the other day" I mentioned and could tell Yuta was amused by my response as he came my way and placed an arm over my shoulders, I could see Mark rolling his eyes.

"I like the way you speak babe" I rolled my eyes at his words and he laughed a little "I can tell he was trying to get you jealous" he whispered in my ear.

"Oh yeah?" I whispered back.

"Yeah, but is okay, you can leave him and come to me, I am always available for you."

"Yuta keep it moving, don't disturb her" sentenced Taeyong as he looked our way.

"Come on, is not like you don't want her too, don't lie" he winked at me and walked towards Taeyong, who was trying to walk faster, probably to get rid of him and not have to listen to what he said.

Those comments were a little strange, but my mind was a little too occupied by now with other things, so I didn't reply, as I just made my way to my table in the dining pavilion.

[...]

"He's coming with me then, I see you tomorrow" Haechan commented as he referred to Renjun, who was going to say in his cabin for the night, I had already bidden my goodbyes to the son of Thanatos, so he was in the back waiting for Haechan to be done talking to me, he seemed a little distant, but it was understandable.

"Alright, see you tomorrow, as always" we both smiled.

"And even though we are in different teams, I refuse to cut contact with you by all means during the game and all."

"Good, because I wasn't going to let you do that" he gave me a kiss on the forehead and walked backwards.

"See you Lia, goodnight."

"Goodnight to you too."

I waved at Renjun once more and made my way to my cabin, because tomorrow was a new day and hopefully, we could solve Renjun's problem and start training with my team, as I was aware that there were new people that I could also meet and maybe that could brighten up my day.

Hello, new chapter today, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did, thank you so much for the love and support you guys have been giving to this book, if you want to support this story please vote, comment and share, I appreciate every vote and comment like you don't imagine. There are other stories in my profile, and there is one I am working on, it is about I-LAND that maybe you could like.

If you have any suggestions please leave them here, I absolutely love when I get feedback from my readers, and I love it even more when it is constructive, although I am a little upset because people don't seem to enjoy much this story as I don't get any feedback, but whatever, hope you like it either way.

Keep taking care of yourselves and stay healthy! Spread love and positivity.

Happy Halloween!

Read you soon!

-CL

October 31, 2020