(19) Squabbling.

"Would you like me to get you anything at the store when I go tomorrow, Kimberly?" Florence was stood behind the girl who was sitting in the kitchen, staring into space. "Kimberly?"

Kimberly's head flicked towards Florence. "I'm sorry, I must have zoned out."

"It's okay, sweetheart. Are you tired? Why don't you relax in the living room for a while?" Florence didn't even wait for the girls response before she began shooing her off the chair where she sat alone.

Kimberly didn't put up a fight. She wanted to be able to have a little bit of a rest. She was a tired girl and enjoyed little naps, but she felt it was rude of her to want to take one in someone else's home. "Thank you, Flora." She yawned out the nickname.

Florence looked towards the sleepy girl who was walking in front of her. A large smile adorned her face. She has never been given a nickname before, no one had ever called her Flora. She liked it. "It's no problem, dear." They turned the corner into the living room where Kimberly was shocked to see Robert sitting in an armchair, in sights set on the television.

Kimberly bit her lip from nervousness, stopping her movements, not sure what to do or where to go. "Take a seat on the couch, I'll go grab your blanket from your room."

Kimberly turned to face the orderly woman. "No no, it's okay. I can get it myself."

"You're tired. Rest, I'll go get your blanket. I insist." Flora practically pushed the girl over to the couch, making her give him the argument and take a seat before the woman disappeared out of sight.

"I don't mean to bother you, I don't have to-"

"You're fine." Robert spoke, his eyes not leaving the screen.

She bounced her leg up and down, not having a clue on what to do next. She kept steeling sneak glances at the man, sure he wouldn't see her. She was wrong. "I didn't pick you for a tv watcher."

Robert let out a breath and turned to look at the girl finally. She was to his left, looking like a deer in headlights. Is she ever going to relax around me? He wondered. "How old is it you think I am?"

"Oh! I didn't mean-"

"You have to relax. I don't bite... hard."

Kimberly furrowed her brows in confusion. Robert's eyes stayed on her as she slowly figured out what he meant. She thought back to a book she had read. He bit the soft skin of her ass, marking her as his. "Oh my!" She gasped and slapped a hand over her moth after her mouth.

Robert smirked at her reaction and left out a soft chuckle as he turned to face the tv again. "I don't often watch television, but I have a little bit of free time so I thought I might as well." It wasn't as if he was watching some reality tv show or a soap opera, he was watching the nature channel which if anything made Kimberly feel more bad for the animals than it did good.

"What's your favourite animal?" She asked randomly.

Robert squinted is eyes. He didn't know. He hasn't been asked those questions since he was a young boy. "A lion."

"Why?"

"They get what they want. I like having what I want." It was the best answer that popped into the man's mind. He technically wasn't wrong.

"Lions don't always get what they want. There's still other animals and humans which can hurt them." Although he wasn't looking at her, she couldn't take her eyes off of him. His jawline was sharp, small specks of facial hair framing his face, his glasses sat on the bridge of his nose like when they first met. It seemed as if he only needed them for reading, writing and television.