(44) Mummy

"Why is she here?" Kim asked for the millionth time. Florence was practically dragging her into the kitchen, away from the witch.

"I told you, I really don't know, Kimberly." Florence was furious. She wanted to kick the woman's teeth in for her words.

Florence sat Kimberly at the island and went to walk off. "What did she mean about your daughter?"

"I don't know." Florence shook her head.

Kim grabbed Flora's arm and pulled her back. "Do you have a daughter?"

"I had a daughter."

Kim's breath got stuck in her throat. "What happened to her?"

Florence let out a breath. "It's not the time to talk about it. I need to see what that bitch wants."

"Florence, please." Kim begged, pulling her back once again.

She finally gave in. "She died of cancer at sixteen years old. That was ten years ago." Sadness was clear in flora's eyes though she pretended as if it didn't affect her.

She turned to walk away but once again Kimberly pulled her back. "Please just sit here for a little and calm down. She was mean to you."

"And I am prepared to rip her a new one."

"Please."

Robert, Caiden and Jess moved to the living room so they could talk properly. Like adults. Or as close as they could get. "Mum, there must be a reason you came back."

Jessica smiled. "I already told you. I want us to be a family again."

Robert shook his head. "Well I don't want you. You can leave." He stood to his feet and was about to leave.

"That's the problem, I can't." Jess spoke causing Robert to stop walking. "I'm in town for a while, I thought you'd be happy to see me so I didn't book anywhere to stay."

Robert faced her once again. "Then you may use my internet to find somewhere. But you definitely won't be staying here."

"Dad, please let mum stay." Caiden spoke up from his seat. "Just because you don't want a relationship with her, doesn't mean that I don't."

Florence burst in the living room practically bashing Robert forwards. "She is not staying here."

Kimberly rushed after the woman. "Flora, stop."

Robert outstretched his arm to stop Kimberly from interfering. She looked up at him and he had a guilty smile on his face. He dropped his hand to hers, holding it tightly, all while wrapping that same arm around her, keeping her close.

Jessica laughed. "Florence, you don't get to choose. If my son wants me hear then here I shall stay."

"And I won't have you here making my daughter feel awful." Florence shot right back.

Jessica stood to her feet with a judgmental look on her face, eyes shifting between Kimberly and Florence herself. "She's not yours."

"Blood doesn't make family, sweetheart, I think you should know that the most, right?" The tension in the room was thick, Caiden stared at the ground with his hands locked with one another, while Robert was squeezing Kim so hard her eyes could pop out of her head.

"Well she doesn't get to choose whether-"

"I think she should stay." Kim quietly spoke up. Everyone's eyes were on her, some in anger,
Some in glee, but all in shock.

"Darling, why would you think that?" Robert was the first to speak, trying to be as calm as possible but barely being able to hide his frustration.

Kim sighed. "If Caiden wants to spend time with his mother then I think he should. She won't do any harm." She spoke as of Jessica wasn't there. "No more mean comments to Florence and trying to win Robert over or she leaves. It's that simple.... Besides. Why on earth would you choose her over me?"

Jess tensed her jaw. "You little-"

"Uh-uh." Kim cut her off once again. "Who do you think Robert listens to here? Because it's most definitely not you." She offered a fake pout.

Robert bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself from laughing, though that didn't stop his smirk. "She's right. Step out of line and you're gone. If you want to see your son that bad you won't try to cause problem for Kimberly, Florence and I."

She huffed. "Fine"

Kimberly and Robert decided to hide away for a while in his bedroom. Kimberly read to him as he traced shapes down her bare legs. It was something ever so simple, yet still felt ever so special. She read part of Macbeth. It was a book she always found interesting.

Her eyes began to flutter lightly, Robert noticed the slowing of her words as she got more and more comfortable under his touch. He took the book from her hand, Inserted a bookmark and then placed it on his bedside cabinet. "Why don't you rest for a little?"

She yawned just as he spoke. "It's only early. I'll be fine."

Robert stretched and yawned himself. His muscles flexed, catching Kimberly's eye. He pulled off his t-shirt and threw it at the washing basket besides his bathroom door. Finally, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his chest. "Nap with daddy." His voice almost a growl.

Kimberly smiled Into his chest. "If you wish."

"I want to forget today even happened." He sighed. It was very obvious Robert wasn't pleased. If anything, he was a little scared. So many things could go wrong. He didn't want Kimberly getting hurt.

Kim raised her hands to his face and pecked his lips. "Everything will be just fine."

Finally he smiled. Of course he had to steal another kiss. "You're a dream to have, you know that?"

"Well isn't it lucky that I'm all yours?" She teased.

"So tell me, how did your father end up with that girl?" Jessica picked at her nails. She wanted to know, and now that her and Caiden were alone she felt it was the best time to ask.

Caiden huffed. "I have no idea why she chose him over me. I saw her first, I made the first move, I was a complete and utter gentleman, but no. He swooped in and stole her."

Jess raised a brow. "You wanted her?"

"Of course I did. But he's a prick." Caiden's voice began to contort into the sound of a whiny child throwing a tantrum. He often was a lot more childish around his mother, that was due to her treating him as such.

Jess reached for her son's hand, offering a sympathetic look. "Oh sweetie, you two would look splendid together."

"I know. We'd be the best looking couple in the tabloids."

"And you will be. Mummy will make sure you have your girl. I promise."