(31) Need

A whole week had passed, Kimberly had gotten over her fever, Caiden had been unbearable as very — yet surprisingly slightly more respectful — Florence had finally gotten the vomit stain out of the living room carpet and Robert, well, Robert hadn't been seen.

Sure he has appeared in the kitchen ever now and again, but he ate in his office, he relaxed in his office, worked in his office — almost did everything locked away from everyone.

Kimberly was confused at it all. Caiden was happier than ever while Robert was miserable. But he told Caiden he could "have" me. She didn't understand.

She was also in her room, Florence was shopping and Caiden decided to go with her out of boredom. Kim was asked to come but she said she'd prefer to stay home.

She wanted to get Robert's attention while everyone was away. Even if it was to tell her to be quiet it was good enough for her.

She turned on the tv that was in her bedroom and found YouTube. Now her father was away the Mitchell's were a lot more lenient with what she was allowed. Of course they tried to make sure they respected Dale's rules as much as they could, but some of his rules were completely unreasonable.

She began listening to some new artists now she had access to YouTube, one of those being Lana Del Rey. You could imagine her that went. I that was likely where her confidence was coming from.

She left her door wide open as she chose a song at random. She sang along to each song hoping to catch the man's attention. But nope. Nothing. "We changed our names to Lana and Rey." Lana is such a pretty name.

She was half tempted to hit the wall to see if it would rail him up, but she could never be that disrespectful. "When will you be mine?"

Movement. She finally heard him getting up. His expensive shoes were tapping along the floor of his bedroom. His door opened and then he was outside of hers. "Cos I heart you, you're the one that I adore." She continued to sing, making direct eye contact with him.

He stared at her for a moment. Please. She internally begged. Robert reached forward, not once breaking eye contact.

And closed the door.

Kimberly threw herself back onto her bed. "Ugh!" She knew it was her fault. Of course it was. Did he want her? Or did he just not want her with his Son.

And coincidentally 'your girl' began to play. The lyrics ran through her head, allowing her to feel a connection to music in which she never felt before. "Tell me all about the things that you and I will never do." God, what am I doing? She felt guilty, but she didn't know what else to do. Didn't guys like girls with confidence? Girls who played hard to get? "I wish I was your girl."

Kim wasn't ready to give you just yet. She offered to make dinner. Of course Theodore said no over and over but she insisted. She cooked a lot for her father and rather enjoyed it. Maybe if she cooked for Robert he would at least eat in the dining room.

She decided to make lasagne, a dish she had perfected over the years. Even if she was lactose intolerant.

She stood in the kitchen facing the stove, hair up out of her face in a classic messy bun making her look like a housewife, a crop top and shorts with a pink apron over the top. She was mixing the cheese sauce as she chatted with Florence who was standing in the doorway of the pantry just in front of her.

She heard footsteps and then arms wrap around her waist, pulling her in tightly. "Mmm. You look amazing from behind, you know that?"

Kim immediately knew it was Caiden. She looked too Florence with uneasy eyes. "Caiden. Off." Florence quickly instructed, then stepping closer to shove the boy off. He didn't say nothing except for take a seat at the island with a shit eating grin.