(48) Run

Kimberly awoke to her cold bed all alone. Although she had requested some space from Robert she secretly hoped he would sneak in besides her. He held too much respect for her to go beyond her wishes. She hopped out of bed wearing only one of his shirt, not even choosing to throw on some underwear before stepping into her slippers and heading across the hall to Robert's room. She entered, but no one was there. Why does he always wake up so early?

She continued to trod down the staircase but she didn't even get to reach the bottom before she could hear yelling. Deciding to ease drop a little she took a seat on one of the steps to earwig on the screaming match. "You must be insane! No! No way. You'll will be leaving my house right this instant!" That was Robert. His anger could almost shatter windows. It was rather intimidating.

"Gosh, stop acting so bat-shit-crazy." And that was Jessica.

Robert was silent for a moment as if he had to take a moment to fully process what the woman had said. "Jessica, you have planned yourself a wedding and told people the reception will be at my house!" Kim's jaw dropped. "You are the most ill-conceived person if you believe I am holding a wedding reception here, tomorrow night for you and some man I don't even know!"

"What?" That time it was Caiden's voice sounding utterly astonished. "Are you crazy?"

"Hasn't anyone told you both to never call a lady crazy?"

Kimberly scoffed at the voice. She stormed into the kitchen, though looked as if she was trying to keep her cool. "Well isn't it funny how you're not exactly ladylike?"

Jessica's eyes grew wide. "And you are in that old shirt? Do better before he runs to sleep with a better groomed bitch."

"I'd question if that meant you, but considering the grey hairs and tits down to your knees I'll take that as a no." She spoke with a look of innocence on her face that only pissed Jessica off that little bit more.

Jessica screamed a high-pitched screech, so loud that Robert thought his windows were going to break. "Get your dog out of here before I rip her to shreds!"

Kimberly laughed. Robert shrugged in response with a smug look on his face. "No, I don't think I will."

And just like a crazy lazy would, Jessica came running in Kim's direction, though Kim didn't flinch. Caiden quickly intercepted his mother and pushed her over to the other side of the room. "You need to chill out. Kim has all right to be upset with how you've been acting."

Kimberly chimed in again, this time taking her own few steps forward. "Jessica, sweetheart, you may have you little party, but make sure this husband doesn't fall for me as well, hmm?" She smugly left with a wink and a smile.

Robert simply stared in awe. That's my girl.
___
A whole day had gone by and by now the ballroom had been filled with decorations. Yes the Mitchell's had a ballroom. Kimberly had already gone out to find a dress and returned back home, all while hiding it from Robert. She enjoyed keeping him in his toes.

All except Caiden refused to go to the actual wedding ceremony, only agreeing to join the reception a little later. can you blame them? They didn't care for the speeches or any of that stuff, Florence, Robert and Kimberly would simply show their faces a little towards the end of the night.

They were all getting ready, Florence in her room while Kim and Robert were in his. She was finally pulling on her dress after doing her makeup, allowing Robert to see it for the first time. The dress was a wine red colour that clung to her chest and waist perfectly, while the bottom came down to just above her knee. A slit ran to her upper thigh, giving the dress a very sensual feel to it.