(8) Pool

"But Daddy, I thought you said we were going to spend today together." Kimberly pouted.

"I know, sweetheart. I know I promised but I've been asked to go 'round the Mitchell home to help Robert with a few things. But on the bright side, you're allowed to come with." Dale gave his daughter a sympathetic smile. He hated letting her down.

"Really?" Kimberly smiled and thought of the man she had been seeing every night since her father began work.

"Yes, Caiden offered to show you around his home." Dale nodded.

"When do we leave?" Kimberly questioned, feeling the excitement of seeing Caiden rush through her body.

"In about an hour, so go get ready." Dale insisted.

Kimberly stood to her feet with a smile, "I won't be long." She ran up the wooden staircase and straight into her bedroom. She stood still for a moment before slowly walking to the top of those staircase. "Do you think they'll have those cherries like before?" She asked, feeling rather embarrassed of her question.

"I'd think they would, poppet." Dale chuckled, leaving his daughter with a smile as she turned back into her bedroom to begin getting ready.

Kimberly stepped out of her fathers car and stared up at the wonderful looking home. It was magical. It looked like it stretched the size of a football field and had high points like a palace. She wondered to herself why two men would need such a grand space.

They must have girlfriends. It was the only explanation that came to Kim's mind. No one needs that amount of space, or else they'd feel lonely.

Very lonely.

She hopped up the steps excitedly in her little pink dress. It was a satin material and admittedly the dress was rather short, but ever since Kimberly was little, Dale had just never seen an thing she wore as sexual, he hadn't opened his mind that some men may find her short skirts or open backed dresses sexual. He just couldn't think that way, and quite frankly he didn't want to think about how some men or women may find his little girl attractive.

The dress had small puffed sleeves and a tie at the front which could be tied Into a bow to make the dress look even cuter. She matched it with thigh high, sheer, white socks and white shoes with a small heel which clicked each time she took a step.

 She matched it with thigh high, sheer, white socks and white shoes with a small heel which clicked each time she took a step

As they reached the top of the steps they saw a maid watering a few plants out front. "Mr. Thorne, the Mitchell's will be waiting for you in the living area, the first door on your left as you walk in."

"Thank you." The father and daughter both smiled at the happy looking worker.

The two stepped in the home, feeling as if they were trespassing but Dale had been told to just walk straight in upon arrival. Kimberly felt nervous. Although she had been in the home before, she had always been distracted by someone talking to her, but now it was silent and she had time to take in the intimidating size of the hallway alone.

"Ah, hello there, Dale." Roberts deep voice sent vibrations to Kimberly's ear, catching her attention. She turned to face Robert who stood a few feet away from her. He had a stony look in his face. He always seemed so concentrated, maybe even a little angry. It intimidated the girl. "And little Kimberly." The corner of his lip quirked I'm in the smallest smile with an equally small head nod.

"Hello, sir." Kimberly flashed a smile, causing kind of emotion she couldn't recognise to appear in his eyes for a split second.

"Where would you prefer to get started on the work?" Dale questioned while lifting his briefcase to attention. "I brought all the paperwork you asked for."

"Follow me to my office. Caiden shall be down any moment to give Kimberly a tour of the house, unless she'd prefer to stay with her father?" Robert's eyes met Kimberly's again.

"Is it okay if Caiden shows me around?" She asked shyly, looking down at her wiggling feet and playing with her fingers.

"That's perfectly fine, but if you get bored or tired or whatever reason, just ask Caiden to bring you back to my office and you can be with your father. We don't want you getting uncomfortable." Robert's voice sounded soft, yet at the same time strict. It send shivers down her spine, but the good kind.

"Yes, sir." Kimberly nodded nervously. Robert gulped slightly, he wasn't sure how much longer he'd be able to keep his word to his son. There was something about Kimberly, something different that he just couldn't stay away from.

"You have a whole library to yourself?" Kimberly gasped in awe. She had always loved to read since she was a little girl, it's all she ever did. People used to buy her stacks of books for her birthday, and she'd lay in bed at night with her little colour nightlights illuminating the pages, until she fell asleep with the book in hand.

Caiden pushed a finger underneath the girl's chin, closeting her sighting agape mouth. "It's my father's more then mine, he loves to read. If he's not working then he'll be sitting in his office or on a couch in here reading for hours."

"It lovely and all, but I can't help but think the fireplace could make this room go up like a match." Kim bit her lip nervously, she didn't want Caiden to be mad at her statement.

"I agree with you there, love. I've pointed it out to my father plenty of times but he said there's something better about reading a book by a fire." Caiden shrugged. "Anyway, moving on." He opened the door for the small girl and she happily stepped out and into the hall.

She had seen lots of the house by now, all except the boring parts like storage rooms and the Mitchell's bedrooms. Caiden began leading her down the hall to the last room of the tour. "So you saw the garden when you face came around, but you didn't see what was attached to it." The two stepped out onto a cobblestone path. It seemed to Kimberley they were heading for the large conservatory type room.

"This is the pool room." Caiden spoke as he pushed open the door. "Also has a hot tub which if you ask me, is the best part." The man laughed.

"It looks very pretty in here." There were fake plants in the corners of the room, and even some fake vines along the roof.

"Look even prettier this way..." Caiden flicked a switch which made the glass tint so that the light didn't come in.

"Wait, that's so cool! How did you do that?" Kimberly gasped and soak around taking a look at all the dark glass.

"Hold on..." He then flicked another causing the pool to appear in different colours, fading from one to another so effortlessly. She looked up to see the vines had fairy lights wrapped around them, lighting up the ceiling.

"It's beautiful." Kim gasped. "We don't have a pool in our home." Caiden began making his way back to her side as she spoke. "Father said it isn't needed and we wouldn't have the room for it."

"Oh really? Well in that case-" Caiden pushed the girl into the water and began to laugh.

But he stopped laughing once he saw Kimberly struggle. She gasped for air and frantically kicked her legs. "I-I can't swim!" She choked on the water as her head fell below the surface before appearing again.

Then Caiden realised his mistake. He jumped in the pool wearing his shirt and trousers, even his shoes to save the girl. He lifted her out of the pool but before he could even being to get out and apologise, the tears began streaming down her pretty face and she ran out, through the garden and back in the home to get away from the man that had just scared her so bad.

She ran into the house headed for the bathroom so she could hide away in embarrassed and never be seen again.

But that didn't go the way she wanted.

She bumped right into a tall figure, sending her back onto her bum. "Owie." She sobbed and rubbed her nose, feeling even more tears run down her cheeks. She looked up to see Mr. Mitchell staring down at her, disappointment written all over his face.