(21) Bubble Bath

Robert was stood in Kimberly's room not long after he slipped her back in her bed. Although he knew he should have left right away and calf her continue to nap until lunch time when he would like to take her to get lunch, he decided he'd run a bubble bath for her to relax in and set out some clothes ready for when she woke up.

The bath was already running and he set out towels on the towel warmer ready for when she got out. He was looking through the small amount of clothes she had brought so she wouldn't have to worry about a single thing. He caught a glimpse of yellow and decided to take a look. It was a fitting, yellow chequered dress. Robert nodded his head and set it aside, but figured she'd be be cold with only the thin material so he searched for something to layer underneath. After finding a white long sleeved top he folded that on top of the dressed and quickly grabbed underwear. He knew he was crossing a boundary, but at least he wasn't breaking as many as his son. He quickly pulled out matching white underwear and laid them on top.

Robert turned to look at the girl. Still asleep. He checked the time in his watch to see it was eleven-thirty. He slowly stepped closer to the bed and took a seat in the edge, smoothing her hair out of her face. "Kimberly, darling. Would you mind waking up?" He whispered.

A soft whine came from the girl as she scrunched up her face in clear annoyance. "What?" Her eyes slowly flickered open before she rolled so her face was buried in the fluffy pillows.

Robert's hand traveled from her hair to her shoulder. "I wanted to take you for lunch. Get you out of the house for a while." She hummed back in response, melting under his touch. "And there's a bubble bath waiting for you."

She pulled herself up, half her hair flopping over her face. "Really?"

"Yes." Robert nodded.

She squinted sleepy eyes at the man and stood from the bed. She looked to the floor to see her slippers weren't there, that's when she realised she was in her bed and not Caiden's anymore. She decided to leave it and head for the bathroom.

She saw the bubbles piled high in the large bath and smiled to herself. "Who did this?" She turned to see Robert standing behind her.

He stayed silent for a moment. "Florence." He lied. Why lie?

She doesn't need to know I did it.

Robert was brought out of his thoughts by Kimberly's happy laugh. "Could you thank her for me?"

"Of course." The man nodded. "I'll leave you to get ready." And with that he left, being sure to shut the door behind him.

"I'm ready." Kimberly called as she took the staircase to the ground floor. She threw on a pair of white trainers and frilly socks to go with the outfit and sectioned half her hair up in ponytail and let the rest flow past her shoulders.

The hall was empty so it seemed as if she had to go find Robert herself. Kim headed down the halls, poking her head in each room, hoping to either see or hear the man. She was nearing the library when she heard the familiar voice. It was coming from the room she remembered to be Robert's home office.

She lightly knocked on the large oak door, but no answer. She could hear him talking but no one responding me wing he was likely to be on the phone.

She slowly stepped in the room. Robert was leaning back in his chair, a phone held to his ear with his left hand, his right hand balled in a fist on his desk. "I don't think you're understanding me. I will not be taken advantage of. I payed for product so you will deliver it or so help me God I will rip your so-called company apart."

Kim's eyes grow wide in shock and a small bit of fear. She attempted to back out of the door, but instead stumbled into a tall plant. Who puts a plant by a door?!

"I want it sorted by the end of the day." Robert bit back at the person on the other end of the call and hung up before he could get a response. "And did you forget it's rude to barge in without knocking?" His eyes stared the girl down.

Oh gosh why is he so attractive when man? "I- uh well-"

"Don't mumble." He spoke streaky and stood from his seat. His shirt had a few buttons undone which caught Kimberly's eyes. She couldn't help but admire his figure, the aura he had around him, his every move. He was a God. Robert saw what she was looking at and smirked. "There's no need to stare, little one." He reached for her hand and pulled her out of the room, his fast pace making it hard for her to keep up.

"Why're you so mad, M-Mr. Mitchell?" She attempted to speak louder so she wouldn't get told off for mumbling again. Kimberly couldn't rip her eyes from his hand wrapped tightly around hers. She never wanted him to let go.

It took a matter of seconds for Robert to reach the front door and slam it behind him. "You see, sweetheart, I don't like when things don't go my way. And low and behold, things didn't go my way."

Robert unlocked the car and escorted Kimberley around to the other side of the car, lifting her in the passenger seat causing a surprised squeal to leave her body. "But-"

"There are no butts. Things always go my way." He kept eye contact with the girl as he buckled her in.

As he was about to close the car door when Kimberly spoke up again. "Isn't that being a brat?"

Robert let out a low growl before grabbing her face in his right hand and invading her personal
space even more than before. "Trust me, you'll soon understand what I mean, kitten."