(29) Plan

"What was that?!" Caiden bellowed, his voice filling the kitchen, almost causing all the pots and pans to shake.

Robert scoffed. "Don't you starry trying to tell me-"

"Oh no no. What happened to you letting me have her? You were staying out of it." Caiden was huffing and puffing as he tried to distract him from such anger by looking through the refrigerator.

Robert took a seat at the island, he was still rather calm. It was a fools game to fight over every small thing. "You lost that when you started acting like a wild dog around her."

The younger men grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and slammed the door shut, glass bottles inside clinking together at the harsh movement. "Like she'd want you, some old man with no personality other than his money. She deserves so much better."

Robert took a moment to watch his son. How did I raise this? "You're right, she does deserve better. But you'll find that she desires me just as much as I her. She's infatuated with me and I didn't even have to try."

"You make me sick."

"It's the same stuff every time, Caiden. Come back when you have new argument material." Robert couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle at how childish this grown man could be.

"You! You're just so-"

"Come on, you're not a child anymore, surely you can get your words out, son."

"Ugh!"

Kimberly was in the garden and while she couldn't hear exactly what they were saying, somehow the men were so loud that the vibrations could be heard. Their voices were muffled but their anger was clear.

Florence was making her way down to the pool where Kimberly laid on a sun lounger, she held her hand over her forehead in attempts of blocking the sun from her eyes. "How're you, darling?"

"They're arguing over me... aren't they?" She took down her sunglasses to look at Florence.

The woman opened her mouth but no words come out, only some stuttering. She sighed and took a seat by the girls feet. "Look, dear. Those two men have-"

"Have a thing for me? Of course they do, I'm not blind. Caiden is painfully obvious, but Robert's attraction is new, right?" She spoke, complexly shocking flora.

She stared wide eyed. "Uh, well not new, just he told his Son that he could have you so he'd stay away."

Kimberly raised her brows in shock. "He told Caiden that he could have me?"

"I really am sorry, poppet, I told them countless times to leave you be. They've involved you in this ridiculous rivalry which you had no part in. Don't feel bad about it."

"Bad about it? Of course not. Two very attractive men find me attractive, so attractive that they'd fight over me. That just give any girl some confidence." A small smile slowly crept up onto her face. "But if they want to play, I may just make it hard on them." She winked in Florence's direction before standing up, slipping on her sandals and heading back inside and straight into the kitchen.

She pulled the sliding door across and let herself in just as Caiden stopped screaming at a clearly bored Robert. "Hi, I hope I'm not interrupting?" She spoke quietly. Of course she was still a little shy, but after spending so much time with them and now knowing they want her, what reason did she have to be shy? She would be the one with control.

Robert stood from his seat and began making his way over to the girl. "Of course not, darling."

Right before Robert could take her into his arms she began waking again, this time in Caiden's direction. "Caiden?"

Robert stopped in his tracks. What?

He was slightly shocked as he turned to look at her. "Yes, love?"

"I think I hurt my thumb, could you take a look, please?" She lied. There was nothing wrong with her thumb.

Caiden couldn't contain the small smile that practically leapt onto his face. "Of course I can, sweetheart. Come here." He pulled her close and took her hand in his, feeling over it and asking questions such as if she could move it or if his applied pressure hurt. "It doesn't feel broken, honey."

"Then maybe a kiss will make it better?" She stared him at him with innocent eyes, pretending as if she had no clue on what she was doing.

Of course she knew.

Caiden smiled and lifted her hand to his mouth, pecking a kiss on the soft sick of her thumb. "Anytime you need another, you come to me." He winked.

"Of course I will. You're the best." She winked. "Oh! I also wanted to ask you something."

"And that is?"

"Would you like to watch a movie tonight? Maybe I could I try making us dinner?" She pursed her lips and wiggled on the balls of her feet.

Caiden couldn't contain his gasp. "Really? I'd love to."

"Great!"

He leaned in closer, his lips hovering over her left ear. "But maybe I could try something other than your cooking?" Vomit.

Her insides cringed as she steeped back with a complete fake smirk. "Maybe." And with that she turned to head back into the garden, being sure not to give Robert a single look.

She stepped out of the kitchen and closed the sliding door right, then turned around to be faces with - "Florence! You scared the life out of me!"

"You better not be thinking of-"

"Not a chance. It's all part of the plan." The two began walking back to the pool.

"And that plan is?"

"If those two want to believe they have the upper hand aiming as they're men, I'll make them believe otherwise. By the time I finish they'll be wrapped around my little finger." She but her lips with a smile. "Trust."

Florence shook her head. Oh dear lord help me.