(9) Mean

"Would you watch where you're going?!" Roberts voice was loud, he caused Kimberly to cry even more and try to scurry back from the tall man, still on her butt.

Once Robert noticed how upset Kimberly was he immediately regretted looking so angry. "Oh God, I'm so sorry, Kimberly." Robert gasped and reached his hand out to help the crying girl. "What happened? Why are you all wet?"

"C... Cai-" Her continuous sobs cut off her words as she reached for Roberts large hand and stood to her feet.

"I'm going to need you to breath, darling." Robert sighed and brushed her wet hair from her face. "What happened? Come on, come take a seat." He lead her down the hall to a small sitting area.

Kimberly took a seat besides Robert on the dark blue couch. "C-Caiden pushed me in the pool." She mumbled, feeling rather silly now she said it out loud.

"Do you not like swimming? Or is it just that he pushed you in unexpectedly?" Robert felt furious at his son for scaring the small girl, but he hid his anger so he didn't upset the angel more than she already was.

Kim thought for a moment. "I-I actually can't ever remember ever being in a swimming pool. I don't know how to swim either, so when he threw me in and I couldn't swim it scared me."

"You've never been in a swimming pool?" Robert tilted his head. He thought when everyone was young they had some sort of experience of being in a swimming pool.

"Well, sure maybe once or twice but I never liked it. I always had an extreme worry in my chest and my head would start pounding, my breathing would quicken and I would cry. After that I wasn't ever made to go in a pool again." She had no idea why she was so scared of water. She was fine in bath tubs, as well as showers. What was so different about a swimming pool?

Robert noticed the goosebumps on Kimberly a skin as well as her shivers. "Give me a second, I'll be back."

Kimberly watched in confusion as the older man walked down the long hall and soon disappeared. Just as Robert disappeared she could hear the footsteps of another man, as well has his voice. "Kimberly?"

Kimberly panicked and ran for the bathroom, practically diving through the door and locking it behind her. Caiden caught the flash of movement in the corner of his eye. He knocked on the white door and waited for her to answer.

Kimberly sat on the floor of the rather spacious bathroom and glared at the door. She didn't want to look nor speak to the man, and she didn't care if that was rude considering it was his house she was in. He shouldn't have thrown her in the pool.

"Come on, Kimberly. You know I didn't mean to hurt you. I wouldn't have done it if I knew you couldn't swim." Caiden sighed and rested his forehead against the door.

"Caiden, just leave her be, will you?" Roberts voice could be heard as he made his way back, it immediately put Kim at ease.

She hesitantly stood to her feet and unlocked the door, opening it slowly and look up at Robert who though he wasn't smiling, it was clear in his face that he didn't mean no harm, then her eyes flicked to Caiden who had a large sorry smile on his face. She quickly shut the door and locked it again.

"Darling, I'm sorry." Caiden sighed once again. "Come on, be good and come out."

"You're mean, I don't wanna see you." Caiden could feel his heart drop when he heard her small, sad voice through the door.

"Go get yourself changed, you look a mess." Robert grumbled. "I'll get her to her father."

"I need her to know how sorry I am." Caiden shook his head in disagreement. He wasn't leaving her.