(20) Irresponsible

Kimberly was sound asleep, relaxed into the comfort of the bed. The pillows were fluffy, the sheets felt as soft as rose petals and the mattress felt like a cloud which she was sinking in to. That's it, I'm never getting out of bed.

She was laying on her right side, the carrot tucked under her arm and her comfort blanket pulled close, right up against her face.

Footsteps could be heard through the hallway for the last hour, but that wasn't going to let that disturb her from likely the comfiest bed she's ever laid in. Money is happiness. She smiled to herself as she got even comfier.

She began to slowly wake up, her senses more alert. Kimberly heard footsteps outside her door. But she wasn't expecting the door to the open. She kept her eyes shut and remained facing away, not prepared for whatever the person wanted to speak about.

"Good morning, gorgeous." It was Caiden. She rolled over to face him, hiding half of her face with the blanket. "Breakfast is made, come on."

"Toast?" She questioned as she stood from the bed, struggling to let go of the blanket that kept her oh so warm.

"Just like you asked for last night." Caiden nodded with an amused smile on his face. He watched as Kimberly stood to her feet and slipped on her slippers that were in the classic shape of bunny rabbits. She wore a pair of pink, striped, silk pyjama trousers that cupped her ass ever so nicely. Making it obvious that she wasn't wearing any underwear. Her top was a lighter pink vest that allowed her cleavage to pop out of the top.

An outfit the girl would see at totally appropriate, the boy saw as purely sexual.

"Thank you." She smiled. She was glad that he remembered her request. Though it wasn't exactly a mesmerising food, she enjoyed toast to start her day.

Caiden smiled back and began making his way pen to the kitchen with Kimberly following behind happily. She was still yet to figure out why the men had such a big house. Yes Florence had admitted that she was a live in maid, but that was still only three people in such a large house. It simply made no sense to her at all.

They reached the kitchen and two plates were sat out on the kitchen the island besides each other, one was a breakfast roll of some sort, while the other was two slices of toast, done just as Kimberly had told Theodore she liked it.

She was happy to dig in to the buttery toast while caiden began eating his breakfast. "Why's it so quiet today? Where's Mr. Mitchell and flora?"

Caiden swallowed what was in his mouth and took a sip of his water. "My father has gone into work for a few hours — an emergency of some sort — and Florence has gone to do the shopping."

"How come you aren't in work too?"

Caiden eyebrows raised. "Charming. Would you prefer I wasn't here?"

Kim's eyes grew wide in shock. Think before you speak dummy. "No no. Just since you both work."

Caiden chuckled, already knowing what she meant. "My father and I took two days off from work while you're here, but the emergency couldn't wait apparently, so since I'm your obvious favourite, he went while I stayed here with you."

Kimberly thought of the man that caused butterflies in her tummy and unspeakable feelings in other places. "Okay." She mumbled, still wrapped up in the thought of the older man.

Caiden caught her daydreaming as she finished up her breakfast. He left her eat in peace until she took her last bite and washed it down with water. "Would you like to take a look through the library? Find a book to read and you can join me in my room to read it?"

Kimberly liked the idea of reading something new. "Sure. But why in your room?"

"Well I'm in the mood for a lazy day, and what better way to spend that than in my room watching television? I thought you could join me for some company." Caiden stood from his seat and swiped the empty glasses and plates off the table, dumping them in the sink to be washed later on.

"Well that does sound nice." She nodded and stiff firm her sweet too. Caiden guided her to the library with a hand on the small of her back. "Can I bring my blanket and stuffie, too?"

"You can have and do whatever you want while you're here, sweetheart... including me." He speak with a cheeky wink causing Kimberly to lower her gaze to her feet.

Luckily they then arrived at the library and it took Kimberly no longer then two minutes to find a book. Beauty and the beast. She had of course watched the movie, but she had never read the book and was intrigued.

The two headed upstairs to the bedrooms, Caiden grabbed her blanket and stuffie for her and then escorted her into his room, shutting the door behind him.

Caiden a room was filled with deep shades of green, it all looked expensive paired up against the black. His walls were a grey colour with his furniture all a matte black. Things such as his blanket, lampshade and photos on his walls were all a forest green colour to give a pop of colour to the room, without it being too bright.

"You have a very pretty room."

"Thank you, baby." Caiden watched as she looked around the large room in awe. "Why don't you read your book in my bed? I'll sit in the chair."

Kimberly turned to look at him. "I couldn't, that's your bed. You should take it."

Caiden shook his head. "Well even if you don't take it, I won't be, and we don't want to let the comfy covers go to waste now would we?"

Kimberly stared at Caiden with squinted eyes. "Touché." She slowly approached the comfy looking bed, and before she could move the covers Caiden silently lifted them for her to jump in.

She did and snuggled in comfortably. Kimberly ironed the book and began ready as Caiden took the chat besides the bed and turned on the tv.

It only took the length of one episode of the show Caiden was watching for the girl to have fallen asleep. The book was on her chest, face down, the covers were up to her chin and her mouth was slightly open allowing her snores to escape. 

Caiden stood from his seat and took the book from her, putting a book mark inside to keep the page she was on for when she wanted to continue reading. He allowed her to sleep in his bed, but if she was to get more comfortable, so would he. He got rid of his top, throwing it in the laundry basket and took his place back in his chair.

But of course he wasn't able to get comfortable enough. A knock on his door vibrated through the room. It was his Father's knock, his had always been more aggravated. He opened the door quietly not to wake the girl. "Where's Kimberly?" Robert questioned, but he didn't need an answer as he saw her in his bed. "Are you out of your mind?"

Caiden smirked. "She wanted it, how could I say no?"

Robert growled. "This is the most irresponsible thing you could have done. The girl is clearly not ready for an intimate relationship and the second day she's been here you decide sleeping with her was a good choice? You're fucking ridiculous."

Although Caiden clearly hadn't slept with the girl, he enjoyed his Father thinking he had. "Look-"

"No, you look. Her father trusted us to take care of her, she trusts us. You're so unbelievably stupid it's hard to comprehend how you could believe that was a good thing to do."

"I-"

"I'm taking her for lunch today, I was going to ask you to come but forget it." Robert barged past Caiden and swooped the sleeping girl into his arms.

Without even knowing who the person was, Kimberly wrapped her arms working the figure.

"I'll see you later." Robert grumbled and slammed the door with his foot as he carried the girl back to her room and away from his irresponsible son.